You can do better than that, dear.

"Lady Y/n, there you are. We wanted to introduce you properly to my brother, Loki." Thor speaks rather too loudly for the morning, as he stands tall.

"Ah yes, we've already had the - displeasure of meeting." I say sarcastically as I sit down on the sofa away from the group.

I hear him growl in response, and I raise my eyebrows.

"Alright!" Tony says as he claps his hands gaining our attention. "All this shit-"

"Language." Cap rolls his eyes.

"Shush old man. Daddy's talking. The only way we are gonna get over our differences is through coupling."

"You what mate?" I intervene, turning my head. "This isn't bloody love island."

Nat giggles, remembering our love island re-runs at midnight.

"That's it Y/n. Because of that comment, you can have Loki first."

"What the hell Tony." 

"Better you than me, Y/n." Peter says as he pats me on the back taking a seat next to me.

"What the actual fuck." I say under my breath. "I am not doing this shit."

"What does he mean by coupling - if you think I am going to get romantically involved with that - pathetic excuse of a midguardian. You have another thing coming." He speaks through his teeth as he slams his hand on the table, making me jump involuntarily. He notices this from the corner of his eye, and I see a smirk ghost his lips, causing me to clench my jaw.

"For the sake of this mission, we all have to sort out or at least put our differences to rest." Tony explains in a righteous tone.

Since when did Tony get all 'Steve Rogers'.

"Excuse me Tony, he tried to throw a knife at you this very morning. If anyone should have him it should be you." I speak, feeling my magic sting my palms painfully in hope of release.

"Erm if I remember correctly, he threw the knife at you," he responds smartly, pointing in my direction.

"Ugh, whatever." I roll my eyes as I sit back.

"Good, now the rest of you will get your chance with him once these two decide they can get on well. However long that takes." Tony trails off at the last part. "I think no time like the present right? Everyone, meeting in the meeting room. We'll leave these two lovebirds to clean up the breakfast dishes. No magic FRIDAY." 

"No!" I shout as I feel the bracelet on my wrist click - looking over to Loki, who has the same bracelet and the same clicking, followed by his hands smashing against the table with a growl.

And in seconds, without another word or sound, the room had cleared and the burning silence filled the room once again. The kind of silence that I never feel in another's presence.

I stand up, and walk towards the large window for a second. Yes, partly to have a main character moment, but mainly just to avoid seeing Loki over there.

When I do finish though, contemplating my tragic situation, I look over to him, to see him, sitting down in a chair. A newspaper in his large hands; an eyebrow raised as his green eyes scan furiously over the pages.