Prologue

Grayson and Miranda Gilbert always wanted a house full of kids it was what they dreamed of ever since they first got married.

But unfortunately, they're dream was not so easily fulfilled as they tried their best for a child of their own nothing seemed to work.

Miranda couldn't get pregnant sadly this caused the newlyweds to lose hope.

It stayed that way up until one night when Grayson was working late at his medical practice a pregnant teen showed up in active labor.

The girl Isobel gave birth to a healthy baby however the next morning Isobel was gone leaving her daughter in the care of Grayson Gilbert.

And just like that the young couple's hope was restored they ended up adopting the baby girl naming her Elena.

Nearly two years later Miranda gave birth to a boy they named Jeremy.

Grayson and Miranda were beyond overjoyed to add a new addition to their growing family.

A few months after Jeremy was born Miranda fell pregnant again for the second time.

Grayson and Miranda became overwhelmed with happiness after all the struggle they went through it had finally paid off.

A month after Jeremy's first birthday Miranda went into labor a second time.

The birth was quick lasting only two hours long which surprised both the parents and the doctors.

Magnolia Jean Gilbert was born on November thirteenth, 1994.

She was named after Miranda's favorite flowers the same ones that Grayson brought her on their first date Magnolias.

After Magnolia was born the Gilbert family was truly complete, they got their white-Pickette fence dream and a house full of kids who were simply perfect in their eyes.

Years later the Gilberts were known as one of the more ideal families of Mystic falls.

Elena was the golden girl a writer and the cheerleader who dated the football teams star quarterback Matt Donaven making her one of the most popular girls in high school.

Jeremy was the prankster the rebellious artsy kid who liked to goof-off in school. Jeremy would usually end up dragging his younger sister with him to be his partner in crime which also meant she would end up in trouble with him as well.

Magnolia was the dancer a ballerina who could charm even the coldest of hearts. Apart from being the dancer of the trio Magnolia was also considered to be the smart one she mainly got that reputation from skipping second grade.

 Although most people didn't know the only reason for it was so she could get moved up to third grade (where Jeremy was) so she could annoy her older brother which ironically backfired on her due to the fact that now Jeremy could drag her into his mischief all hours of the day.

When Magnolia wasn't getting into trouble with Jeremy, she could be found tied to the hip of her mother either shopping at the town mall or in the kitchen baking up some new treat.

Grayson always teased Miranda saying she favored their youngest more than she did their older two. Off course Miranda would brush off these claims saying she didn't have a favorite.

However, there were still rumors that the Gilbert sisters had a rivalry going on over who the favorite daughter of the family was.

Some people might assume it was Elena after all she was the older more mature daughter the easier choice But with Magnolia being the graceful more charming daughter, she clearly had to be the favorite.

But even with all the speculated sister drama the Gilberts truly are a happy family.

Or at least they were.

On May 23, 2009, Grayson Gilbert lost control of his car while driving over the old Wickery bridge. The car spun off the bridge falling down into the river below with the Gilbert couple inside and their oldest daughter in the back.

Unfortunately, Grayson and Miranda drowned in the crash. Yet by some miracle their daughter Elena had managed to get out in time alive.

The police said the car spun out because the roads were slick from the series of rainstorms that were still passing over Virigina.

This tragedy hit Magnolia harder than a bullet it taught her that change can happen so suddenly before you even get a chance to try and stop it.

Now with Grayson and Miranda gone the custody of the Gilbert children is left in the hands of their aunt Jenna, Miranda's younger sister. 

After that everything went by so fast the funeral the rest of the school year even summer seemed to pass by rather quickly.

But even with how fast her life had changed Magnolia still wished that by some miracle everything would go back to the way it was before the accident.

Unfortunately, nothing was ever going to be the same again not just for the Gilbert family but for all of Mystic falls.

Soon enough Magnolia's view of the world would flip completely on its head as she discovers the existence of the one thing that wasn't supposed.

The Supernatural.