Chapter 6: Betrayal and Pain Break Down The Kind-Hearted

A few days later Annie woke up and she was completely healed. She then got up and walked down to the kitchen but before she entered she could hear everybody's thoughts and they were too much so she went back to her room and found her super suit. She then put it on and walked down to the kitchen. Everybody saw her and looked concerned.

"I'll see you guys later." Annie sighed and everybody started to argue with it but Annie walked over to a window, opened it and jumped out. Nobody spoke for a minute.

"She can't just do that without our permission!" Tony shouted.

"Not with half of New York's worst thugs looking to kill her." Bucky sighed sadly. Billy then stood up in frustration.

"I told you, the thoughts going through your heads are not good enough. You're doing more damage than good, and it's not exactly your faults. You cant help it. What my mom did tainted everybodys judgement and obliterated their ability to trust in someone with the powers my Mom possessed." Billy said this and then he looked back at everyone. "Like I said, you need to rethink your approach for the better of Annie." Billy then left the room.

Billy walked into the living room to find his father and brother.

"You're brother is leaving to start studying at the Charles Xavier Institute of Higher learning in a few days," Vision started saying and then he handed Billy two letters. "and it seems that both you and Annie have received letters of acceptance as well. It's a boarding school for mutants." Billy then walked out and went back into the kitchen and threw Annie's acceptance letter on the table. "You should all have a look at that." Billy snapped and then he left the room again. Everybody turned to the table but they just stared at it. Tony walked over and opened the letter and started reading it and then he looked to everybody else.

"I'm gonna wait for Peter to wake up while I do some research on this. We'll discuss what I find later." Tony sighed and then he walked off......

Annie was on top of a building with her mask off as her face was covered in tears.

She waited patiently when Billy walked through a portal.

"I'm sorry they feel the way they feel Annie." Billy said and Annie looked to him.

"I'm really not in the mood to hear whatever you have to say Billy. So please just let me fight these feelings out." Annie said in a tone that Billy knew well enough.

"Keep in mind, that despite they're feelings, they still love you, and everybody has a thought process. Give them a chance to figure out how they feel regarding you. And for God's sake be careful out there." Billy said this and then he opened up a portal and left yet again.

Soon there was a siren in the distance. Annie put her mask on and ran and jumped off the building. Annie was swinging through the city but she was clearly distracted. She suddenly saw a notification that May was calling her.

"End call." Annie said and then she saw that Tony called her shortly after. "END ALL CALLS! I'M BUSY!!!" Annie kept seeing names pop up in the corner, showing her how many voicemails had been left for her. Annie then saw that she was to high up but she was too late. She hit her head on a metal railing and fell into the water of the Hudson river. .....

Peter woke up to find May, Happy, MJ, and Tony in the room. He could see the worry on everybody's face.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked tiredly and Tony shook his head.

"Peter, you barely survived." May sighed as she walked over and put her hand on his. Tony motioned for MJ to follow him and they left the room momentarily.

"Annie isn't answering anybody's phone calls. I'm worried. She's been gone for an hour." Tony sighed and MJ was terrified.

"I'm gonna go look for her." MJ said and Tony shook his head.