Part 14 The Cavalry battle pt 1

"those at the top will suffer the top will suffer the most, of course that's something you'll hear over and over here at U.A" midnight announces "Show us what plus ultra means! *flail wip* Izuku medoriya placed first in the qualifier, he'll be worth 10 million!" midnight says.

Everyone around medoriya in the crowd suddenly change into dark figures with red eyes all starring into his soul. The poor boys heart beats out of his chest as he has flash backs to middle school; the eyes of his class mates boring daggers into him and all of their laughter including bakugou's bullying and threats ring in his mind. "things have changed so much since junior high" deku says in his head seeing bakugou and Todoroki, "but I'm still a target, I'm only in first place now because of some good luck." he continues panning up the score board too his name. "not that, that matters I guess" he clenches his fists "what they say is true its hard being at the top, right all might?" he says seemingly steeling his nerves for this competition.

--STRATEGY, STRATEGY, STRATEGY---

(y/n) is seemingly doing the same thing steadying himself to play a game he has never even played before. He looks to the board when midnight speaks "First years!! *she points to the board with her flail* these are the rules you'll abide by!!" she says as the board switches too a diagram with different teachers on it " the game it self will last 15 minutes, each individual point value will be added together to reach your team total, every one will know what your worth thanks to your head bands!!" she says as a picture of all might wearing a headband appears smiling on the board. "Swipe as many teams head bands as you can to raise your teams score" she says the camera panning over many unfamiliar and familiar faces in the crowd. "stolen head bands must be worn from the neck up! so the more you have the harder it will be to manage!!" she says as the picture of all might gets covered in headbands making (y/n) snicker. "oh and another thing, even if your head band gets stolen or your team falls down *flail wip towards the crow* you can keep playing till the time runs out!!" she says with an all to strange smile; "what is with this woman?" (y/n) thinks in his head.

"it's any ones game then" momo says getting his attention "ya, and since there are 42 contestants, there'll be 10 or 12 teams on the field the whole time" sato says continuing her thought "we should think this out thoroughly then" (y/n) says confidently. "so if you lose your head band at the start you have more time to make a plan" mina says trying to strategize "I don't know mina we may want to see how the teams turn out before we strategize." tsuyu says. (y/n) slaps him self mentally for trying to buddy up before teams are even picked. Midnight begins to speak again "this is going to be rough, you may use your quirks as much as you like" she pauses " But there are still rules, make a team fall on purpose and ill SLAP you will a red card *(y/n) doesn't like how she said that*, you'll disqualified!!" she says and bakugou seemed disappointed. The score board changes to a timer with 15 minutes on it and a subtitle saying MAKE YOUR TEAM; "Now you have fifteen minutes to make your teams! I recommend you get started!" midnight announces before everyone moves.

"I need to think about this and who's quirks match well with my own *looks at hand* I need to make sure not to use much of my flames I don't want it hurting some one again" (y/n) thinks I his head. he get's taken out of his thoughts by a hand placed on his shoulder, he smiles as he found the perfect person.

-------

"while this festival is in no way preparing them for real life as a pro, it does prepare them for the more popularity contest aspect of being a pro." the man from before thinks to himself, he wears an orange traditional kimono with black edges. His ears twitch as he thinks the bell charms jingling quietly "but this Cavalry battle is a good way for them to learn the importance of being able to strategize and work with other hero's in an intense situation" he says in his head, "the people with all purpose quirks have an advantage but Im curious to see what my young friend here does" He thinks not noticing the two women coming to his side "e-excuse me?" one says. He looks over his ears perking up "hm? oh yes, how can I help?" he says; they both smile "y-your the kitsune hero right?" the other one says, he nods. "well we where wondering." the first one says the man smiles "could we pet your ears!!" they both say fan Girling. the man's face turns red, being a kitsune has its down sides. we cut from that scene and come back to the field