Now I've Read All of the Books Beside Your Bed

Hey there! I finally finished this lol. The boys are alive and it's kind of a high school AU and Alex and Willie aren't together yet. Enjoy!

Alex's parents kicked him out. He finally decided to come out to them and they kicked him out. His first instinct was to go to Willie's house. Luke wasn't home. He was traveling to see family so he couldn't go there. Reggie's parents fought and he couldn't deal with that. The thought that he could go to Julie's house circled his head. Ray was very accepting towards the boys and they spent more time over there than at their own houses. But there was also that. Alex knew that Ray didn't mind but sometimes he felt like a burden. So he went to Willie's house. Willie's dads didn't care that he was gay (obviously considering they are too) so Alex decided to head there and knocked on the door. The door opened, Willie surprised at Alex being at his house this late at night.

"Alex. What's up?"

Alex tried to speak but he just broke down in tears.

Willie immediately swept him into his arms, comforting the sobbing boy. Willie had told Alex a while back that if he came out to his parents and they were unsupportive or kicked him out he could come to him and that's exactly what he did.

Alex pulled away. As he heard footsteps heading towards the door. "Willie, who is-" A man, whom Alex presumed was Willie's dad stopped as he saw him with his tear stained face.

"Is this Alex?" He asked gesturing towards him.

"Yeah. Um... is it okay if he stays with us for a while?" Willie asked, hesitant about it. He knew his parents would probably be fine with it but there's always the possibility that they may not be.

"Of course. As long as you need to."

"Thank you, Mr. Covington." Alex gave a soft smile as they stepped inside and closed the door to the warm California summer night air.

"Of course and call me Caleb." Caleb gave Alex a heartfelt expression. Caleb too was kicked out when he came out to his parents so he vowed to not treat anyway like that. Taking in Alex was nothing. "Tomorrow we can go shopping for new clothes and other things that you may need. And before you reject or anything like that, it's the least I can do. I was kicked out when I came out as well. My best friend's parents took me in and gave me everything I needed. It's only fitting that I return the favor so someone going through the same experiences."

"Thank you so much," Alex said, gratefully.

"Absolutely. Willie, Alex will sleep in your other bed since our guest room is a bit of a mess at the moment."

"Okay," Willie said, grabbing Alex's hand and leading him upstairs.

Once Caleb was out of earshot, Willie turned to look at Alex and whispered, "You know, my dad's best friend that he went to later became his husband." Willie winked and Alex's face turned bright red.

The boys made it to Willie's room. Alex looked around and took in everything.

On the wall opposite the door, there was a window with beds on either side of it. On the right side of the room, there was a bookshelf with pictures sitting atop it. Willie's skateboard was leaning against it. Next to the bookshelf was a sliding mirror door that Alex assumed was Willie's closet considering there were a few clothing items sticking out of the bottom. In the center of the room was a rug that was rainbow tie-dye. On the left side, there was an open door that lead to the bathroom and a desk next to the door. The desk had an array of art supplies. Above it was a corkboard with some of Willies necklaces hanging from thumbtacks along with some of his artwork.

"Well, this is it. Ignore some of the messes in here but yeah. You can sleep on that bed," Willie pointed to the made bed of the two. "And if you need anything else, just ask me or my dad."

Alex nodded slowly.

"Hey," Willie pulled Alex so he would look at him. "It's gonna be okay. Okay? You just wanna go to sleep and figure everything out in the morning?"

Alex nodded again. "Um..." Alex's voice was small and hoarse. He didn't meet Willie's eyes and started fiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie. "I know this may sound stupid and it okay if you don't want to but usually when I have a bad day... the boys usually snuggle with me until I fall asleep..."

"Okay. You want me to snuggle with you?"

Alex nodded slightly. He almost thought Willie would laugh or something but he didn't.

"Okay. I can do that."

Alex's eye snapped back up to Willie's. "Are you sure?"

"Of course."

They slipped into Willie's bed after Willie insisted that Alex lay in his bed since it was a double and was bigger than the twin he was supposed to sleep on. He rested his head on Willie's chest and took a deep breath. Willie held him tight. It wasn't hard for Alex to fall asleep.

The next few weeks went by like a blur. Willie cared for Alex like he could break at any moment, which honestly he could. Willie spent time teaching Alex to draw and Alex would watch Willie when he went to the skate park, flinching every time Willie did a huge stunt. It was cool but scared Alex. Secretly, Alex loved Willie. He always had a crush on him. Ever since they became friends in the sixth grade, Alex and Willie were inseparable.

They were sitting in Willie's room, listening to Lover by Taylor Swift. Paper Rings came on and Willie got up and started dancing.

"Come on, Alex!" Willie reached his hand out towards Alex who was still sitting on the floor.

"I don't dance." Alex laughed, shaking his head.

"Well, you do now." Willie grabbed Alex and pulled him up.

Alex rolled his eyes. Willie pulled him in, their fingers intertwined. Willie twirled Alex and pulled him back in, their faces getting really close. They stayed there for a while before Alex decided to just fuck it.

Alex grabbed Willie's face and pulled him in. Alex smashed his lips on Willie's.

Willie let out a surprised noise but immediately melted into the kiss.

When they pulled apart, there was a smile plastered on both their faces.

"I knew it." Willie laughed.

"W- what?"

"I knew that you had a huge ass crush on me."

"Was it really that obvious?" Alex felt his cheeks burn up.

"Oh yeah. But I had a huge ass crush on you too so..." Willie lifted Alex's head up to meet his eyes. "Can we try that kiss thing again?"

Alex nodded his head, fast so Willie brought him back in.