Chapter 1: Getting out of the cold

(Not my art. I could never draw hands so well...)

Dante's P.O.V.

"Holy hell! I'm glad I actually started wearing clothes!" (Correct me if he doesn't feel cold. His demon hybrid body is confusing to me. I don't know his biology too well. I'm actually wondering if he even sleeps like a human) So cold... So f*cking cold... Hopefully this castle will have a fireplace or something! Even as I'm in shelter I still manage to chatter my teeth. My steps echo continuously throughout the quiet room, and still through the hallway I enter. And now I'm in a room which actually has a fireplace.

Gasping with relief I speed walk loudly to the warm light of flames and sit on my knees, letting the warmness flow around my body. It takes a good five minutes before my temperature is actually satisfied and I get back up, about to walk away but once out of the room I still feel a chill. Gah! Just a few more min- loud high pitched noises evade my ears and the my eyes catch the sight of three separate insect swarms who then form a shape. They're women in cult-like cloaks. Two run at me with sickles.

At this moment I pull out my sword swiftly in self defense. "WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG!" The distant voice of a woman calls out and from the sound of it, two to four rooms away. "Mother! There's a-" As she's distracted I jab my blade into her hand, with the blade so large It almost completely severs it off. She shrieks like a witch a holds her hand in pain. "Who the hell uses a sickle?!" I chuckle out loud thinking about how useless those would be. Small with curved edges which could be hard to aim- suddenly the other two charge towards me and repeatedly try to stab me but I constantly dodge by stepping back constantly till my back hits a wall.

A blade cuts my shoulder but only barely as I move to the side to the doorway just in time. Why am I even wasting my time on these girls? Huffing in annoyance I run to the one of which who has had her hand pierced and I swing my sword directly to her stomach but somehow miss. That's when I notice being pulled away by the back of my coat's collar and pulled up into the air. Not only that but I let out a shocked, medium-volumed yell at the feeling of four sharp points being driven through my wrist and making me drop the sword.