15.

I'd been trying to keep myself busy lately. The busier I was, the less I thought about Roman and how much I was hurting because I wasn't with him. We'd been apart for a couple weeks now and it was hell. I missed the feeling of his arms wrapped around me. I missed the feeling of sleeping and waking up next to him. I missed him. And what made it worse was that I was blowing off my parents. I hadn't been to a breakfast with them since I left Roman. I knew they were probably wondering what was up.

A knock on the door of my hotel room made me look in that direction. I had been laying on the bed like I had a thousand times already but this time I wasn't crying. My eyes were puffy and hurting from all the crying I had done. I felt like I didn't have anymore tears to cry. I got up and walked over to the door before opening it. My parents. "Hi sweetheart." My dad said as he wrapped his arms around me. As soon as he let go of me, he and my mom walked in the room and I shut the door before walking back over to the bed and laying down again.

"Honey, are you okay?" my mom asked as she sat down next to me. "We've missed you at our breakfast dates. Is something going on?"

"A lot of things." I said. My voice was hoarse because of all the crying I'd done.

"You wanna talk about it?" my dad asked. "Did Roman do something? Did he hurt you?"

"I don't know why you always think that." I said.

"Sweetheart, I'm just worried about you." he said.

I looked at him. "Well, he didn't hurt me, okay?" I said with a bit of an attitude.

"Hannah, talk to us." my mom said as she put her hand on mine.

I sighed. They weren't gonna let this go until I told them what was going on. "Roman's ex showed up a couple weeks ago. She's pregnant. Six months. And it's Roman's." I told them.

"He cheated on you?" my dad asked. What kind of stupid question was that?

"We haven't even been together six months, dad. She was the girl he dated before me." I said. He nodded. "But I broke up with him because of it."

"Well, if he didn't do anything wrong, then why would you break up with him?" my mom asked.

"Because I'm not ready for all of that. Kids. I'm not ready to be a step mom before I'm even a mom to my own kids." I said. "And then she showed up here a week ago and told me that she needed Roman to focus on the baby and I agreed with her. I didn't want Roman to be the kind of guy to turn his back on his child for a girl. So I told him I didn't love him anymore so he would back off from me." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "But I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of it. I do still love him. I love him more than I've ever loved anyone. But it's too late now. I've ruined everything." I broke out in sobs once more.

"Oh, honey." my mom said as she laid down beside me. She pulled me into her and I cried on her shoulder while my dad sat on the other side of me and held my hand. It felt great to have them here with me and it felt even better that I told them what was happening. I couldn't leave them in the dark forever.

As soon as I calmed down, I sat up between them. "Wait. His ex, is that girl you were telling us about? The girl that tried really hard to get Roman's attention while you were in Florida?" my dad asked. I nodded. "How do you know she's telling the truth about the baby being Roman's?"

"Timing, I guess." I said. "It only makes sense that it would be his."

"Maybe it makes sense but that doesn't make it true." he said. "There's always a way to find out."

"And how do you suppose I do that?" I asked him. I looked at him and he took my hand in his.

"Let me worry about that." he said.