Lies | Chapter 14

I wake up in the morning and freshen up. I'm excited to see my Aunt Khloe and Uncle Tommy who have arrived. Elora said that the others should be here either tomorrow or a couple days after.

When I'm dressed I make sure my face is appropriate for going down. I calm mysekf for what is to come. As I know they are in the living room I plaster a smile across my face.

My eyes meet my Aunt Khloe's first. "Hello Azura!" She greets me as I make my way down the stairs and she opens her arms wide for an embrace. I accept her gesture and hug her back.

As I lean out I speak. "I've not seen you in ages." And my Aunt Khloe smiles.

I see Uncle Tommy making his way over to us and when he reaches I hug him too.

"Aw, you look so grown up." Aunt Khloe says and I give her a warm smile.

My eyes scan the room for Elora and I see her at the kitchen table eating a boiled egg, she looks sad almost.

I make my way over to her and sit at the seat across from her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I keep my voice to a low whisper.

"I'm okay." Answer me and smiles.

"Do you want anything Azura?" My aunt Khloe asks.

"Uh sure, what'd you got?"I ask trying to look interested even though my minds on Elora.

" I've got black pudding, potato scones,toast and boiled egg." She says intriguingly.

"Can I please have a boiled egg? I reply.

"Of course." She says.

"Not to much though I need to leave for school soon." I tell her.

"You got it!" She then turns round to make my egg.

I turn back to Elora looking concerned.

"Look if there is anything you need to talk about I'm here." I say.

"Look I said I'm okay Azura." Her voice is more firm than normal and it frightens me.

"Okay." Is the last thing I manage to say before the silence gets loud between us.

A few minutes later my boiled egg is served and I try to eat it quickly so I can leave.

When I'm done I thank my Aunt Khloe and say goodbye.

As usual I meet Daniel at the bus stop and tell him about Elora and how she is acting really strange. He tells me that he thinks she will be fine and the thought takes the weight off my shoulders. Maybe I don't wanna know why's she's upset.

When we get on the bud Daniel tells me about his urges and how they are calming and we discuss other normal things like old times.

The thought of not having science today makes me relived but he will still be in the building. I still don't know why I'm going to school considering what's going on. My mum probably just wants answers. My father should be home today but somehow I don't want to talk to him about this. I want to talk to Gia about it. But I can't. At least not yet.

When we get to school me and Daniel meet up with Gia and wait for the bell to ring.

Gia tells us about how she's going to England  next year and tells us about the places there. I want to go there as well.

School starts and we go to our lockers. I try to avoid meeting with anyone like Hunter cause I can't deal with people like that at the moment.

I seem to be in my locker for ages until I realise nobody is in the corridor. Great. Maths is at the other side of  the building so I'm going to be late. How could I be so careless? I walk down the hallway and I'm surprised that I only hear silence.

And that's when I saw it.

That the man had stepped over the line

When I turned the corner the sight of Katy's bloody body made my guts turn inside out.

...