Chapter 18

I bit into the juicy burger that had cheese. I don't know why I don't like anything but cheese on it. People call me weird, but I just laugh.

We were sitting were we were before we went to the bathroom. I got a cheeseburger and fries. Carlos, on the other hand, got a burger with ketchup, cheese, and lettuce, along with fries.

They had music playing from speakers, and right now it was playing Sun Daze by Florida Georgia Line.

Once we finished eating, the song changed to Say You Do by Deireks Bentley. I smiled and Carlos helped me up. Some people were dancing, so we joined them.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and breathed in his minty scent. His arms crossed around my back. It was getting dark now. The lights strung up around the trees and bushes lit up.

"I love you, Alexa Morgan Peters." When he says my full name, he really means what he says.

"And I love you too, Carlos Elliott Lutz." I told him.

The song finished a few minutes later, and we decided we should go home. Carlos and I wanted to walk, and besides it's not a very long walk.

We said goodbye to everyone and began the walk.

***

As soon as we walked in the door, Carlos kissed me. I shed my jacket and tossed my arms around his neck. Be picked me up and I latched onto him. I ran my hands through his thick, black hair.

He grabbed my hair band and pulled it out of my hair. He ran his fingers through it, causing me to moan.

Then someone knocked on the door. Carlos groaned, and set me down gently. I went to the bathroom to fix my hair.

I saw Carlos run a hand through his hair and open the door. "Yeah?" He said.

"Uhhhhhh.... I wanted to ask Alex's opinion on something for the wedding." I heard Haley ask. "Was I interrupting some-thing?"

"No, you're fine. She's in the bathroom. Come in." He said, opening the door wider.

I grabbed my brush and brushed out the knots. I slipped out of my boots and dress. Grabbing my black tank top and white pajama shorts, I pulled them on.

Walking out into the room I saw Carlos on one bed scrolling through something on his phone, and Haley on the other looking through a magazine. They haven't seen me yet.

"Did you need me?" I asked loudly. Apparently I spooked them, because Carlos fell of the bed, and Haley knocked off the stuff on her lap.

I went over to her, laughing my butt off. "Yeah, yeah, real funny." She said, rolling her blue eyes. I helped pick up the things she dropped.

"So, I needed your idea on setting. Should it be outside, inside, where?" She said, and showed me some pictures.

"Since it's going to be a little cold, maybe inside. This church looks nice." I said, pointing to a picture.

"That's what I was sorta leaning towards. Dress code. I was sorta thinking boots." She said.

"Yes, good idea." I really like the idea of that. "Place cards, or no?" I shook my head.

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you tomorrow." Haley said, trying to gather everything in her arms. I laughed and grabbed some of it.

"Lead the way." I said, and followed her through the hallway.

"Uhh, just to let you know, you're in very short pajama shorts, and that guy over there is totally drooling over you." She said.

"Well, he can't have this." I said, shrugging. I turned to look at him, but quickly turned back.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"My ex." My voice came out in barely a whisper.

----------

Hello, people of the world. I'm sorry if this chapter is short, but I wanted to end it on sort of a cliff hanger..... I don't know if that worked well..... Vote, Comment, Share plz