Fun at the Amusement Park

As the alarm clock kept buzzing and buzzing, Byleth twisted and turned before giving up. She lay up and turned it off before heading to the bathroom. After taking a shower and going to the kitchen, she noticed her brother was not there. She saw a letter and picked it up before opening it.

Hey sis, went to school early. I made you toast and added butter on it. Please hurry up and get here before you're late.

Seriously, Your Brother

Byleth yawned as she took the toast on the table before walking out. As she walked out of her apartment, she noticed Edelgard was waiting for her.

"Did I keep you waiting?" Byleth asks.

"Actually I just got here." said Edelgard before kissing Byleth on the cheek.

"Hey I got a surprise for you after school."

"What is it?"

Byleth smile. "I'm telling." Byleth walked off as Edelgard followed.

"Oh come on, just tell me."

"If I tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise now would it. Besides, would it be fun to figure it out then to spoil it?"

"I guess you have your point Ms. Basketball Player." Edelgard tease.

"Very funny Ms. Student President." Byleth tease back.

Byleth and Edelgard continue to tease each other, while having a good laugh on their way to school.

At school, they went to their respective classrooms. Byleth would go to her math class first while Edelgard went to her music class. Later, they would see each other again in Gym class and play a few basketball games. They would later have lunch together and go to their final class, with Byleth going to music class and Edelgard going to her art class.

By the end of the day, Byleth and Edelgard would get together near the school entries. They walk together to the train stations.

"Okay, what's my surprise?" Edelgard asks.

"Okay, I'll show it to you. But, you're gonna have to wear this around your eyes." Byleth pulls out a black bandana.

"A bandana?"

"Just trust me okay." Byleth tied it around Edelgard's eyes as she pulled her into the train.

After a few stops, Byleth pulled Edelgard out of the station and stopped. All of a sudden, Edelgard started to hear a marching band.

"Um, Byleth, where are we?" Edelgard asks.

Byleth unfolds the bandana. Edelgard saw an amusement park in front of her. The marching band was playing music as people were coming in.

"Surprise!" Byleth yells. "Happy Birthday!"

"Oh, you brought me to an amusement park." Edelgard tries to fake a smile.

"Come on, let's go!" Byleth pulls Edelgard in.

They got tickets and walked in. They walked to a dart game and Byleth paid for 2 players. They threw darts at the balloon, only to win a red eagle plush and a blue bear. They went to a rollercoaster and got on. As it went fast, Byleth had her arms up in the air screaming, while Edelgard closed her eyes and held onto the bars. They got themselves some food later then walked to the Mirror Maze.

Byleth was having fun, but when she looked at Edelgard, she noticed she was not having fun. Something wasn't right, they usually have fun when they hang out. It was night time, so Byleth decided they would go to the ferris wheel. When they got on, it slowly moved. Byleth look at Edelgard.

"Edelgard, what's wrong?" Byleth asks.

"It's nothing. I'm having a good time." Edelgard lies.

"Edelgard, please tell me... I won't judge."

Edelgard thinks for a moment before she breathes in and out. "When I was little, me, my mother, and my siblings would always go to the amusement park. But after she passed away, and the trauma that happened to me and my siblings, I never go back here because of our memories. I sometimes think, what could have been. Even if my mother is gone now, would we still go here."

"Is that why you're sad?"

"Yes... I just never wanted to go back here, but it just makes me think, 'what if'... Look, I know you wanted to celebrate this for my Birthday, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"Edelgard, I would have understood it. If you told me about this, I would have changed plans. All I ever wanted was to make you happy."

"I know. But I saw you happy and-."

"Edelgard, I don't mind changing plans. It might not be as exciting as this one, but I would have done anything to make you happy."

Edelgard smiled for a bit before putting her head on Byleth's left shoulder. "Thank you."

All of a sudden, fireworks pop up. They look at them before putting their arms on each other's shoulders. They look at each other, and kiss each other on the lips. They took a good second before letting go to catch their breath.

"Happy Birthday, Edelgard." said Byleth

"Thank you, Byleth." said Edelgard.