Part 113

2024.3.22

Since today is hyung's birthday, I greeted him while I am cooking breakfast for the team.

Well, we ate breakfast before they leave. I am happy of their reaction to my cooked food. Even manager-nim liked it!!!

Time check: 6:00 am. They all left. Meanwhile, I went to continue my sleep.

I slept for very long. I woke up at 5:45 pm. I took a bath and fixed my grooming.

Time check: 6:00 pm. 2 hours before the premiere. I am so excited on the battle premiere. I can't wait!! I went to the lobby and watch some TV before the premiere

Anyways, some spoilers. Here's our pairings that me and my advisors picked.

1st pair: Kang Siwoo & Lee Haeyoon

I paired them up because of their genre of music they want to pursue.

The song I gave to them is Sewoonie hyung's Your Favorite Song.

2nd pair: Shin Jeonghoon & Choi Minyoung

Their blind auditions are the main reason why I paired them up. They both sang Yoo Seungwoo sunbaenim's song.

I chose another song of his for them to sing. I chose his song Only U with Heize sunbaenim. I will remove the rap part and focus on the vocals.

3rd pair: Han Sanghoon & Lee Sora

They both sang a ballad song on their blinds.

I chose BOL4 sunbaenims' song To My Youth. I just feel that this is the right song for them.

4th pair: Daniel Kim & Zhang Mei Xing

Among my team's battle songs, they are the only pair that will sing a non-Korean song in the battle. I chose a non-Korean song for the both of them because according to their profiles, Korean is not their first language.

I personally knew Daniel and I knew that Korean is not his first language. He learned Korean from his dad (as his dad is 50% Korean by blood). I learned Korean from him.

Mei Xing's first language (according to her profile) is English. I got surprised that English is her first language and not Chinese. Well, she is also fluent in both.

I gave them a mash-up of English and Arabic (since Daniel is fluent in Arabic & Mei Xing knew basic Arabic as well).

The song is a mash-up of Hello by Lionel Riche, Hello by Adele, and Kifak Inta by Fairuz. I chose that song for them, because I want to show my creative style in mashing up songs.

I got inspired on Dani & Hanin's battle from Team Anouk (Season 11) and Ayoub & Kes' battle from Team Ali (Season 10) and decided to do a mash-up of two songs with an Arabic language in it.

I decided to use Hanin & Dani's battle song; however, I wanted to add one song (Lionel Riche's Hello) that will make the mash-up more beautiful.

Last pair: Jeong Sungjin & Kim Soomin.

I paired them up because they're the youngest among all my team members (as they're both 16 (Korean age) years old). Also, they're my powerhouse vocals on my team.

I would like to The song I chose for the both of them is Taeyeon's Dear Me. I believe this song will offer a different vocal from them.

*end of battle pairings*