Sick

I spent the entire day up in that room

I spent the entire day up in that room. Jane gave me more than enough information on vampires to keep my thoughts spinning for my remaining time in solitude. Which was sparsely interrupted - such as during lunch and dinner hours when Felix came knocking at my door. 

Following dinner, I am filled with anxiety over which vampire will be tasked with bringing me down for the meeting. 

A short knock sounds.

"Come in."

Alec is stood in the door way. I curse the part of my brain that is admiring his beauty because I completely just miss whatever he was just saying. 

"What?" I ask so eloquently. 

"How are we doing this today?" His full lips smirk. 

"Do we really not have an elevator in this entire castle?"

He affords me a small laugh, "The elevator stops at a much lower floor unfortunately. And it is terribly slow."

"Alright, but I do have one more bargaining chip..."

He raises a questioning eyebrow. 

"You said to not do that again last evening. That being my ability, but it is involuntary unless I'm really scared so I can't guarantee that if you carry me down that it won't happen again."

"Then we'll make it quick," Alec frowns. 

"Wait, no, I don't-"

I am in his arms and the air from the speed is like strong gusts of winds directly to the face. Not even thirty seconds later I am released. 

"Ugh," I groan as my sight is spotted and I lean against a wall as I wait for my balance to return. "I hate you." 

"Sounds like the lovely couple is hitting it off," Felix's voice sounds from down the hall. "Master Aro sent me to see what was taking so long."

"I had to take her down quickly, she spent way too much time trying to weasel out of it," Alec informs Felix of our prior dispute. 

"She looks positively green, the least you can do is help her up."

"I don't want his help," I have sunken to the floor with my head between my knees. 

"Well we certainly can't have the meeting in the hall way," Felix laughs. "I'll inform Aro of the cause of your delay."

After I can no longer hear Felix's footsteps on the stone floor I grumble, "Can't you just do your numbing thing, we could have just avoided this all. I am going to faint."

I feel a cold hand delicately graze my forehead. "What don't you want to feel?" 

"I don't know... like shit?" 

Alec's hand is gone and I caution a glance up to see him frowning, "I'm sorry."

I blink and look around the room just to confirm that I have not in fact passed out. "Um... you're sorry."

"Yes, don't make me say it again."

"I will choose to accept your apology, now help me up... gently!"