0.2

riley was almost certain that she had never seen so many old people and alcohol in her life.

mind you that riley didn't go to that many parties simply because she didn't like the atmosphere. and also, because she rarely got invited, but that was a minor detial.

"mom, i'm scared," she joked, clinging to her mom's arm. her mother chuckled and untangled riley from her.

"honey, go have fun! just no drinking. i need a designated driver for tonight."

riley whined, even though she wasn't planning on drinking anyway. "there's nothing to do here though!"

"then stay with me! c'mon, let's go say hello to some people and, you know, talk and dig. just look cute!"

riley struggled to hold in her groan of annoyance as she was guided from person to person by her mother. they usually didn't say anything more than a "hi, you must be riley?" and give her a handshake, but riley's mom claimed that it "lessened the amount of criticism she received because who wanted to criticize a woman in front of her daughter, you know?"

and riley didn't know, but that's okay.

when she wasn't paying attention, she was suddenly swept off course by her mother, who had grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side. riley's mom embraced a woman while the woman's son stared at riley with wide eyes.

it was almost as if seeing a dog after three years, and you're kind of amazed at how different and grown up the dog looks. this is what riley thought of calum, considering that calum was in fact the human equivalent of a filthy mutt to her.

but she had to admit that puberty had done him well. his face had lost traces of child fat and was now more definedーespecially his jawline. his hair was now styled up and to the side. his arms, which used to be skinny and scrawny, were now full of muscle. he grewーa lotーand he had to be well over six feet tall.

this came to quite of a shock to riley, who had been so busy checking out calum that she didn't notice joy's greeting. "riley, look at you! you've grown so much; we miss having you over!"

she gave joy a weak smile. "y-yeah, i miss going over."

calum held back a smile and riley shot him a glare. it was evident that although he's physically matured, he hasn't changed much mentally.

"cal, why don't you and riley go talk a little? you know, catch up? mali went to go get drinks somewhere, but i'm sure she'd love to see you, ri," joy continued, and riley forced a small smile.

"you know, i'd love to, but i actually had to use the bathroom so i'll just be a minute," riley said in a rush before breaking away from her mother and the hoods.

she walked briskly to what she assumed was the bathroom before she was rudely grabbed by the arm and pulled backwards, coming face to chest with the one and only.

"hey," calum breathed, looking down at her with big eyes. "look, can we talk?"

riley scoffed, pulling her arm out of calum's grasp. "there's nothing to talk about. why can't you just leave me alone? it's over."

"this is anything but over. listen, it's been three years, don't you think it's time toー"

"to what? forgive and forget? you fucking ruined my life and you expect me to forgive you just like that?"

"well no, butー" she rolled her eyes, making him stop in his tracks. "look, i just thought that after all this time you would move past this and we could be friends again. i hope you know that it was only meant to be a joke and it wasn't supposed to spread as much as it did."

riley opened her mouth to come up with a snarky response, but she was too overwhelmed by his stupidity that she couldn't conjure something good.

"well it wasn't very funny," she muttered under her breath before leaving him behind and retreating to safety in the bathroom.

-

ahhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is so bad

hi though what's up

i hope y'all like whats happening i mean it's a lottle different than the other version but hEY

ughhhguhghggughuhgughgh ok bye!!