boring nights

You sat there in the shield library. In Front of you sat Natasha Romanoff. Both of you were working on old shield files that needed to be filed, well she was working, you on the other hand was preoccupied by staring at the window. "y/n, y/n!" Nat screamed at you, catching your attention. "sorry" you mumbled. Natasha just stared at you for a second then simply went back to her work. "You alright?" she asked a few minutes later, still staring at the papers in front of her. "Yeah I'm fine, except we've been here since 8 P.M. and it's 12 A.M.'' Nat sighed, she looked around her to find the library empty. Then she looked back at you who smiled widely at her. "Can we just get dinner? I'm famished." you asked. Nat laughed, "fine, come on, I know a really good pizza place near here". "Thank you!". You said smiling. You put on your sweatshirt while passing her, her jacket.

You and Nat walked down the streets of NYC, hand in hand until you two stopped in front of a small shop. The shop had a large sign that read, Louie's pizza. Under it was a small LED sign that said open. The place looked run down, like it was there since Steve's army days. Probably a family owned business passed down from generations. The inside was run down as well, but it was cozy. There were 3 booths to the side. To the other side was a display of fresh pizzas and a few counters. But one thing that caught your eye was a photo behind the counters. The hung up photo included a large family shaking the hands of your favorite redhead assassin. The sight of the photo made you smile. Nat wasn't one to get close with someone. It took me a year to get a conversation with her that wasn't about a mission. You turned around and pointed to the photo and mouthed the words to Natasha, "this you?" she just shrugged and smiled in response. She was about to respond until a large man came through the kitchen doors carrying a large cheese pizza.

"Ms. Romanoff!". The redhead turned her head and smiled at him. You looked at her then did the same. The man was tall, bald and he looked around 40-50.  He was one of  the men in the photo. "I see you brought friends!" the man said, "This is Blair" Nat responded, "Hi" you said, waving and smiling. "So what can I get you girls?" "Just 2 plain slices and 2 beers" Nat replied. "You're in luck, a plain pizza just came out of the oven", you and Natasha chuckled at that. You were about to take out your wallet to pay until Nat put her hand over yours and whispered "it's already taken care of". "oh ok" you said slightly confused. "Your slices". You both looked to see the man handing us the slices and beers. "Thank you" you both said.

You guys grabbed the food and drinks and slid into a booth. As you took a bite of the pizza you felt the cheesy saucy goodness, "wow, that is really good!", "one of the best pizzas in the city in my opinion" Natasha stated while sipping her beer. "So...Are you gonna explain the photo?" You asked curiously. She laughed, "I knew you were gonna ask that." "and you wouldn't! If you saw me in that photo you would totally ask!". Nat laughed again. "Ok i will tell you the story" Nat said putting down her slice. You sat back and waited excitally for her to explain the story. "Two years ago I had a mission. Some business dude was using new technology he invented to steal cash from small businesses like this one, without the owners knowing. It was a simple mission 2 days in the guy got arrested but then when Mr. Martinelli found out what was happening he wanted to day thank you. So free pizza." The russian stated while biting into the warm slice. "That's super nice Nat." You said twisting your lips into a light smile. Soon after Nat put her hand over yours, "I love you" she said. You lightly squeezed her hand, "I love you too Romanoff".