ᴥ︎︎︎ Episode 3 ᴥ︎︎︎

A glimpse of Balu 👇

_________________________________________

"Naadi aagudhu ponna azhachutu vaango (It is time bring the bride)" the pandit says as he pours ghee into the yagna.

Divya rushes to Vaidehi who is in the changing room of the mandap(marriage hall).

"Come come the pandit is calling" Divya says and leads Vaidehi out of the room and into the stage.

Balu looks at Vaidehi as she shyly walks towards the stage with her head down , looking as beautiful and innocent as ever.

He can feel a stupid goofy smile stretch on his face as he looks at his soon-to-be wife sit near him.

Vaidehi can feel Balu staring at her , making her feel all mushy and jittery.

This is the first time she is wearing silk saree in her whole life and this is the first time she has ever felt beautiful while looking at herself in the mirror and she is sure the credit goes to her soon-to-be husband.

"You look stunning" Balu whispers in her ears smiling wide , making her face heat.

"See see the bride is blushing mom" a small girl from behind them says craning her neck up to look at her mom while pointing her hand towards Vaidehi.

"Shhhhh" her mother says covering her mouth giving a awkward sorry smile at Balu and Vaidehi who have their heads turned back looking at them.

Vaidehi's face turns absolutely red as she turns back front smiling shyly as Balu lets out a chuckle.

"Getty melam getti melam ! Mangalyam thandhunane na bava jeevana hethuna thanne badhrani shuba keerth Pon Jeeva sharagam shatham !" The pandit chants as Balu ties the mangalyam around Vaidehi's neck as Divya lifts Vaidehi's hair giving him access.

Everyone around the mandap showers holy rice on them.

Tears pool Vaidehi's father as he sees his only daughter getting married , Suresh pats him as they both shower rice on the couple.

Balu takes kumkum from the plate the pandit stretches forward and rounds his hand around Vaidehi's face , applying the kumkum on the centre of her forehead.

They both get up and walk around the yagna with their hands tied to each other.

Vaidehi places her leg ontop of ammi (a stone) as Balu kneels down and inserts metti (ring for toe) on both her legs.

They both walk together and get blessings from Vaidehi's father first.

"Let the god bless you both to live a happy life together" he says as he lifts them by their shoulders.

"Appa" Vaidehi says in a croaked voice as she sees tears in her father's eyes.

He looked as weak and happy as ever , she couldn't contain herself as she hugged him.