ɪv

Audrey's POV

"Oh f*ck it, I don't really care. You have a daughter, that's why I called." I snapped. Well that didn't come out too pleasently...

"I have a....What? How?" he asked obviously shocked.

"You're back in Doncaster right?" I asked ignoring his surprised reaction.

"Well yeah, but that has nothing to do with-"

"If you want to see her I'm taking her to the park tomorrow at noon." I interrupted him.

There was a slight pause and obvious hesitation before he answered. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Well, I gotta  go. Bye." I replied not quite buying into his reply.

I hung up my phone and walked back into the house, closing the door behind me. After I hung my jacket up I went into the living room where Ryan was waiting and collapsed onto the couch. As I stared at the blank white ceiling my mind began to wander. I knew I should explain this to Ryan, but I just couldn't talk about it. I could only think about it.

Did he really want to meet Annabell? Why does he even care? I mean most guys just don't care. They run away and hide from financial fiascos, not wanting to be in any part of their accidental child's life. It's a horrid thing to do, but I guess that's just the typical male species.Quetions kept running through my head and I couldn't stop them. They just kept on coming back until I fell asleep.

The next moring I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I stood up and stretched my arms out then walked into the kitchen. Ryan was at the stove making pancakes and Annabell was sat at the table. "You cook?" I asked leaning up against the side of the entranceway to the kitchen.

"Yeah, my mom was a baker and she cooked all the time so I picked up on it." he said flipping the pancake over after flashing me a smile.

"Mummy, are we still going to the park?" Annabell asked excitedly.

"Yes sweety, we'll leave after breakfast and I have to shower. Plus you're not going in your jammies, silly!" I said teased, coming over to her and squeezing her cheeks.

"Here you are lovely ladies." Ryan said placing two plates, a pancake each, in front of Annabell and I.

"Thank you." I said with a smile as I sat down at my spot and started to dig into my warm pancake.

"Well I should probably get going. See you on Wednesday night." Ryan said taking his jacket off of the kitchen chair and walking to the living room.

We heard the front door shut and Annabell automatically started asking questions. "Who was that? Is he your boyfriend? Why did he stay over night? Do you like him?" she asked, firing question after question.

"That was Ryan from my school. No, he's not my boyfriend and he stayed to help me with a project I was working on. And I'm not sure if I like him Annabell. He is very sweet though. Now finish your breakfast and go up to your room, I'm going to take my shower." I explained, trying to answer all of her questions.

"Okay, but hurry I wanna try the monkey bars again!" she squealed excitedly. I smlied at her enthusiasm and went up the steps to my room. I went into my bathroom and turned the hot water on. After I stripped from my clothes I got in and just let the warm water wash over me at first. Then the thought came to my head. Will he even show up?

I hurried to finish my shower and got out and dried my hair. I put on basketball shorts and a t-shirt and left my hair down as usual. When I put my vans on and finished tying the last one I went to Annabell's room. "Alright, let's change quick so we get there by 12." I said to Annabell, pulling out a shirt and pants. "Arms up." I instructed Annabell and she did as I said.

After we finished getting dressed I carried her down the steps and grabbed my keys. I put Annabell into her carseat and buckled her in. Then I went to the drivers seat and started up the car.

We arrived at the park at 12:02, just a tad bit late. After I unbuckled Annabell she held my hand and we walked to the prak. There were lots of people, but I didn't see him. Typical of him to stand us up, just like all guys.

"Audrey?" a voice asked from behind me. I turned to look into those blue eyes I once got lost in three years ago. He came. He actually came.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and had Annabell turn around too. I picked her up and she smiled at him like she does with every person. It was adorable as always. "Annabell, this is Louis. Louis, this is Annabell." I said introducing them properly.

"Hi!" Annabell cheered in her normal genial way.

"Hi honey, it's nice to meet you." he replied with a smile.

Annabell turned to me. "Can I go play now mummy?"

"Yes sweety, be careful." I told her as I gently set her down. I watched her run away onto the playground.

"She's adorable." Louis said interrupting my thoughts.

"Why'd you come?" I asked curiously.

"If she's my daughter, I think that's what I'm supposed to do. I'm not going to just run away and hide." he said like I should've known.

"I'm impressed. I honestly never would've pegged you for the type of guy to actually take responsibility. But uh, what does your girlfriend think about this?"

"She was kind of upset, but I think she understands that I can't ignore the fact that I have a kid and she respects it."

"Well are you going to stick around? Cause if not you should just leave now, I don't want to put her through that."

"You really don't seem to like me and really you don't know anything about me."

"I know that you slept with me and left and never came back."

"Well yeah, but that was three years ago. I'm different now, just give me a chance and I can promise you that I'll be better than you ever would've expected."

"You really want this, don't you?"

"She's my little girl too, of course I want it."

"Okay fine, I'll give you a chance. If you screw up it's really hard to gain my trust back." He nodded with a smile on his face. I'll admit, I was quite impressed.

After an hour, give or take, Louis and I got to know each other better. I decided to get Annabell and take her home. We needed to tell her and I didn't want to do it in public because of her possible reactions. "Annabell, come on sweety we're going home." I told the little girl who was having a great time on the playground.

"Okay. Why are we going home so early?" she asked as I took her hand and led her back to the car. "Well I have something very important I need to tell you." I explained. We got into the car and Louis followed us in his car.

Once we got out of the car and went inside the house I let Louis in and found Annabell in the kitchen. I got a juice box out of the fridge for her and had her sit down at the table. As she sipped on her juice box I took a deep breath. "Honey, I...we have something to tell you." She looked up at us but kept drinking her juice. "Annabell, Louis is.....he's your dad."
_________________________________________________________
Hah, sorry for the awful cliffhanger! This story has over 1,000 reads already & is #131 in Fan Fiction & #247 in Teen Fiction! I seriously still can't believe it. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter(: Please drop a comment below with your thoughts and/suggestions. Thanks!
~Jenna xo