Chapter 5

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday — and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together.

"Typical", I heard Harry say. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of
myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy."

I had been looking forward to learning to fly more than anything else.

"You don't know that youll make a fool of yourself", said Ron reasonably.

"Anyway, I know Malfoys always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet thats all talk."

"Actually Draco is not that great at Quidditch but he knows about it a lot, me and him used to practice everyday"

"See Harry you'll be fine" Ron said.

Draco certainly did talk about flying a lot. He always complained loudly about first years never getting on the House Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories that always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters and in those stories I always end up stuck in a tree and him always saving me.

He wasn't the only one, though: the way Seamus Finnigan told it, hed spent most of his childhood zooming around the countryside on his broomstick. Even Ron would tell anyone whod listen about the time hed
almost hit a hang glider on Charlies old broom. Everyone from wizarding families talked about Quidditch constantly.

Neville had never been on a broomstick in his life, because his grandmother had never let him near one.
Granger was almost as nervous about flying as Neville was. This was something you couldn't learn by heart out of a book — not that she hadn't tried. At breakfast on Thursday she bored us all stupid with flying tips shed gotten out of a library book called Quidditch Through the Ages.

Neville was hanging on to her every word, desperate for anything that might
help him hang on to his broomstick later, but everybody else was very pleased when Grangers lecture was interrupted by the arrival of the mail.

Draco's owl was always bringing him packages of sweets from home, which he opened gloatingly at the
Slytherin table and as always I never got any sweets but I got a letter from Mom. My moms letter was usual she just asked about my first day and how is school.

A barn owl brought Neville a small package from his grandmother. He opened it excitedly and showed them a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke.

 He opened it excitedly and showed them a glass ball the size of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke