2: Passion and instinct

Amity Noceda was a genius. No matter the year, she always had the best grades of the school. Calling her THE top student was no exaggeration. There were many gossips on why she had such results. Some of course pretended she cheated, other would speculate on how her mother was pushing her into high studies of medicine. Some really enjoying drama would even argue she was depressed after her father abandoned her and used school to get her mind off her pain.

All pure nonsense. As a matter of fact, Amity really enjoyed her life. She admired her mama which leaded her to aspire for a doctor career. As a serious and realistic person, the girl very well knew she had to put great efforts for her goal to become reality. So simple was the secret behind the success of the top student.

Yet Amity was still only 15. As a teenager, she would seem even a bit of fun when she could and that's what led her to love novels. Simple yet fascinating, she could read at any moment and take a break whenever she had to, only to dive back as soon as she could. Novels were truly the perfect entertainment. And among all the stories she loved to discover during her life, there was one she adored above all and would seek the new volumes as soon as them appeared in libraries. And today, the brand new edition of The Good Witch Azura finally appeared on the shelves!

It was barely 8 in the morning when Amity got out of the library, hugging her book with a beaming smile on her face. Her whole day was already planned. She would find a nice place to read and would devore it until either she finished it or fall asleep! Even tho, from her previous experiences, the change of her collapsing were high. But not this time! She would finally surpas her limits and give Azura the devotion she deserved!

Upon realizing what silly trial she just imposed herself, Amity couldn't help but chuckle. The Good Witch Azura was a fantasy serie. Some would argue it was childish and she never saw anyone read it in the library of the school. But it didn't matter to the futur doctor! She absolutely loved these adventures. It was even thanks to the emotional roller coaster that was Azura and Heccate's relationship that helped her figure out her own sexuality. Their constant swapping from rivals to comrades to enemies to finally secret lovers proved to Amity that she desired a girl to love her. Of course she wasn't looking for any relationship right now, but maybe when she would become a doctor, a colleague would sneak flowers and a letter on her desk. Or maybe someone she saved would offer her a coffee to thank her and things would turn out better than expected.

When she sat on a bench in the park, Amity was already a blushing mess. Grateful nobody could hear her thoughts, she opened her beloved book, ready to sink in this world for hours.

"OH MY GOD!"

Amity straight up cried of surprised when she heard that yell. By the second she looked up, the owner of that voice was already in front of her. A tanned girl about her age, hugging her wooden staff for dear life and looking and her hear with a bright smile and sparkle in her eyes. Such a sight was... peculiar. Okay no lie that girl was really weird. But then she spoke again...

"You like Azura too!?"

"Yes!"

Her heart answered before her brain could process the question. Her love for that serie was an absolute truth and so was it confirmed to the first person in her life who seemed to share her passion.

"Awesome!" continued the girl with the same enthusiasm. "Which book is it?"

"The sixth."

"You're kidding!? Oh my god it's the best day of my life! The human realm is a real treasure trove!"

"The human... realm?" ask Amity now really co fused.

"Yeah! It's so rare to find good witch... novelists..."

The girl finally realized what she was saying and panic immediately painted her face. She hesitantly took a step back and as Amity was getting up, the mysterious girl ran away in the other direction.

"You have great book tastes!" she screamed as she ran.

For some reason, Amity followed. She only realized she was running after she  found herself following that girl in the forest, her book firmly hold under her arm. Soon enough a owl house appeared among the trees and the tanned girl stormed into. Still pushed by that unexplainable motivation, Amity also passed that wooden door, yet noticing a weird yellow eye upon it.