Prophecy

"When the Devil walks the Earth and finds his first love, evil will be released."

In another realm a few days before...

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because you imprisoned me and now I want you to understand what it was like," she said.  "It was all part of my plan although I thought another son would be taking over but I will take this one.

The centaurs guarded the dark door where light was spilling out of the crevice at the bottom.  

"But Lucifer is my son and he has always heeded my call."

"We shall see, wife," he said.  "Our son is not who you think he is."

"He is who I want him to be!"  

He smiled at her although she had already turned away from him.

Meanwhile in Los Angeles...

"Lucifer?" Chloe said as she came up behind him.  "Tell me what is going on.  Something is very wrong and even I can feel it."

Lucifer turned to see his beautiful detective who was definitely showing her pregnancy with their twins.  He folded her into his arms as he smiled down at her.  

"I feel a presence on Earth and it is not one who should be here," he said as he rubbed the small of her back.  

"Who is it?"

"My mother," he said.

"But I thought she only had enough power for one return?  How is this even possible and why is she here?  I mean, it was only a few months ago so I doubt she has had time to recharge if that is even possible."

"Four months to be exact.  She is here to take the Silver City back," Lucifer said.  

"I don't understand.  She has her own universe."

"She wants it all and has imprisoned my father.  Her intent is very clear now that she has stepped onto Earth and I can see her plan.

"I am not my father, Chloe.  She is much more powerful than I am and if she wants the Silver City, I am unsure how to stop her."

Chloe was deep in thought.  Lucifer had told her how he used the flaming sword to cut into the universe and let her start her own.  

"Your father had to have known this, Lucifer," Chloe said.  "He went with her anyway.  Why?"

"Mysterious ways, per usual," Lucifer said but seemed disturbed by the question.

"But he knew his children would battle and you would win, too," she said.  "And that I would die and you would sacrifice yourself to save me, which would ultimately redeem you.

"This all makes sense."

"Well I am glad it makes sense to you, sweetheart, because I am not following."

Chloe smiled at her love.  He could be so dense for an all knowing God.

"I heard that."

She laughed and kissed the man she loves.  

"Can you hear this?" she said as she closed her eyes and concentrated.

Lucifer's eyes projected pure lust and desire and he smiled at his love.  "Umm, why wait until tonight?"

Chloe laughed and sidestepped him.  "We have to concentrate, Lucifer.  We need to call your siblings and talk with them about all of this."

"I could just stop time for a bit and..."

"No.  Behave," she said as she walked back toward the bedroom.  "Call them and I should be ready by the time they get here."

Lucifer smiled at his love.  She was perfect.  He put his hands together and called his brothers and sisters.

Lucifer was perched on the back of the chair where Chloe was sitting.  Zadkiel, Azrael, Amenadiel, Gabriel, Raphael, Saraphael and Raguel were all present.

"Mom is back?  I thought she had everything she ever wanted, Luci?" Amenadiel said.  "Gabriel, when you delivered the messages and retrieved the blade, tell me what happened.  Did you see our mother?"

Gabriel shook her head and said, "Michael told me to deliver his message to a bench in the middle of nowhere and then a few hours later, he told me where the blade would be.  I never talked with anyone in the universe but they were watching me, Lucifer.  Those creepy centaurs were there when I grabbed the blade but they did not speak to me."

"I didn't think about how Michael would know about the blade and where it was," Lucifer said as he got up to grab some more whiskey.

"Brother, what about father?  How do we get to him?" Zadkiel asked.  "You are God now so you must be able to help him."

Lucifer shook his head.  "I wish it was that simple, Brother.  Something about creation and powers that I do not fully understand.  

"There is something else," Lucider said as he walked out to the balcony.  "I am functioning as dad and have his power but I don't have his power."

"That doesn't make sense, Luci." Amenadiel said as they joined him outside.  

"Dad is still God," Lucifer said.  "I think I am God with a little g and just running things but he still has his powers.  I can feel him every moment of every day.  I thought it was just because of how controlling he is but I think this is how it all works.  He cannot stop being God because this is his creation.  We are his creation."

All the angels stared at their brother processing what he was saying.

"So dad is still God and you are managing things for him?" Zadkiel said and Lucifer nodded.

"Luci, this was the plan all along," Amenadiel said.  "He imprisoned her and she created a world to imprison him."

"And I unwittingly helped her do that," Lucifer said as he bowed his head in deep thought. "Michael was supposed to win."

All the angels looked at Lucifer with that statement.

"He was chosen by her to use the flaming sword to defeat me.  To wipe me from existence."

"Luci," Amenadiel said as he put a hand on his brother's shoulder.  

"Love saved you, Lucifer," Zadkiel said.  "Had you not had Chloe, he would have won."

"The gift wasn't just immunity from your charms but immunity from Mom's plan," Amenadiel said.  "Dad, knew what was coming and he knew that Chloe's love and your love for her would save you."

"But he went willingly with her," Chloe interjected while throwing the love of her life a smile.  "Why would he do that?  I get that he knew Lucifer would win but why allow himself to be imprisoned at all?"

"That is what we all need to figure out, Detective."