the suit

Summary: Rafe has an interview for a summer internship, and his dressed up look has you feeling some type of way.

•••

It was internship season, and interview scheduling  was in full swing. With your focus being different than Rafe's (advertising to his management) you weren't applying to any of the same places, but you had managed to find a place downtown that was only a few blocks away from several places Rafe had applied. When he was helping you look for potential places to apply, he had excitedly pointed at the address and told you that it was within range of most of the places he was hoping to get an interview with.

"What do they do there?" you ask him as you scroll through the company's website to look for internship info.

"It's a big consulting firm, tons of clients from what I understand," Rafe explains. "Definitely apply here. We could commute together!"

"We could meet up for lunch," you say, clicking on the tab that says internships.

"That'd be cool," he replies. "Us acting all grown up and corporate."

You laugh. "Ugh, this application is super long," you groan, scrolling through the long ass document after it's loaded.

"Yeah, all of mine have been crazy long," he says with a sympathetic sigh. His phone buzzes in his pocket, and he pulls it out to look at the notification. "Top's gonna pick up dinner, any requests?"

"Anything is fine, you guys can pick the restaurant. You know what I like," you say as you download the PDF of the application. "I'm gonna work on this. Let me know when dinner is here?"

"Will do," Rafe says, leaning over to kiss your forehead sweetly.

•••

It's a couple weeks before anyone hears anything from anywhere they've applied. Topper is the first one to get a call for an interview, and it apparently goes really well, which gives you and Rafe hope.

Rafe is called for an interview at one of his top three choices downtown, at the place closest to the one you've applied to and recently scheduled an interview for. He agonizes over what to wear, thumbing through the suits in his closet and trying out different shirt and tie combinations for hours. It's cute how much thought he's putting into this. You imagine he's never really interviewed for anything in his life; he'd only ever worked for his dad, and he'd been a shoe-in for business school, plus his favorite professor was on the interview board when he went in, so it wasn't as much of an interview as it was shooting the shit for twenty minutes or so while they pretended to consider his acceptance.

The afternoon of his interview, you're in the kitchen watching Tess make iced coffees for the two of you. Footsteps turn your attention away from her, and you look up to see Rafe walk in fully decked out in professional attire. You'd see him in a suit before, but this hit different. He looked amazing. Hot.

"Damn, Cameron," you say, eye fucking the shit out of him as he moves around Tess to grab a glass of water.

"Do I look okay?" he asks.

"Wow, Rafe, you look great!" Tess says as she looks at him for the first time. "Really professional."

"Thanks, Tess," he says sincerely. "Baby? What do you think? Does my color scheme look okay?"

He has on a dark blue suit, a crisp white button down, burgundy tie, and brown dress shoes. He's put just enough product in his hair to keep it from blowing around and getting messy in the wind. Your mind immediately goes to him in a corner office of one of the high rise buildings downtown, jacket off, top few buttons of his dress shirt unbuttoned, sleeves rolled up halfway, and he's got you bent over his desk with your hands bound behind your back with his silk tie as he pounds you into oblivion.