iv.

✧】iv

✧】iv. we actually were stoned【✧

[ earth skills - earth kills ]

JASPER JORDAN LOOKS like shit.

Finn and Wells hold the unconscious boy between them, his head lolling to the side as Clarke walks purposefully ahead. Amery can't tell where the blood stops and Jasper begins. She casts her eyes to the sky, stars punctuating an angry, dark curtain like ink on a page, and closes her eyes.

Please let him be okay.

Monty stiffens next to her, and she can see the gears turning in his mind, the way he's trying to decide if he can handle getting any closer, if he can take the news they're about to give. Octavia has no such hesitations, darting to Wells' side and peering over his shoulder to get a look.

Monty gulps, edging forward slightly as he takes in the sight of his best friend bloodied and bruised, barely hanging on. "Is he–"

"He's alive," Clarke confirms urgently, her voice level in an almost detached way. Amery lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she watches Clarke's eyes dart around the camp, the doctor in her kicking into gear. "I need boiled water and strips of cloth for bandages."

Amery nods sharply, mind immediately dissecting the mission ahead and splitting it into smaller tasks. While she's never had any interest in the medical field, mechanics isn't too far off in that everything is a problem with a step-by-step solution. And while she still isn't sure she's ready to join the Clarke Griffin Fan Club, she knows that the girl is Jasper's best bet, so she's ready to oblige.

Step one: get supplies.

Clarke disappears into the dropship with Finn, Wells, and Jasper on her tail, which Amery takes as her cue to spin on her heel and embark on a search for water. She may not know Jasper very well, but he's important to Monty and Cash, which makes him important to her.

Before she can even take a step, she registers Monty's hollow expression. His skin has gone completely white in the moonlight, his lips slightly parted like he doesn't recognize the person he's just seen.

Amery changes her mind. Step one: distract Monty Green.

"C'mon, Green," she murmurs, placing a hand on his lower back and gently pushing the boy forward. It's not going to help him to see Jasper right now. He needs to channel his nervous energy into something else. "Let's go find some water, yeah?"

Monty nods numbly and follows Amery through the camp, everyone around them buzzing with an anxious sort of energy and illuminated by various small campfires. Behind them, Bellamy, Murphy, and Cash dump something wrapped in a tarp on the ground, resulting in a large cheer from the others.

"Who's hungry?" Bellamy shouts. Cash edges away as a few girls saunter up to him, asking about his adventures, as others throw their fists in the air and shout "Bellamy! Cash! Whoo!"