📃Skin type quiz📃

Here is a quiz from teen vogue on how to know your skin type.

QUIZ: What is My Skin Type?

When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels:

A. Dry and tight
B. Like another zit produced overnight
C. Oily already
D. Oily in spots and dry in others
E. Puffy
F. Good, as usual

By noon, my skin looks:

A. Even drier than before I put moisturizer on
B. Like that zit needs another concealer touch up
C. My foundation performed a disappearing act
D. Oily in spots
E. Flushed and splotchy
F. Flawless

I can't go to bed without first:

A. Lathering on a rich night cream or oil
B. Applying my prescribed acne medication
C. Using a clarifying cleanser
D. Exfoliating
E. Removing my makeup
F. Slipping on an eye mask

My skin care MVP is my:

A. Coconut oil
B. Retinol
C. Oil blotter
D. Facial brush
E. Toner
F. Sunscreen

》My biggest concern is:

A. Patches of flaky skin
B. Cystic acne
C. It's a tie between shiny skin and large pores
D. Just the large pores
E. The fact that anything new triggers a breakout - no matter how mild a product is
F. The (very) occasional blemish

The makeup I use on the daily:

A. Cream foundation
B. Heavy-duty concealer
C. Long-wear foundation
D. Mattifying foundation
E. Paraben- and sulfate-free products
F. Tinted moisturizer

Mostly A's: Dry Skin

All the signs say you've got . "Dry skin generally feels tight, flaky, and can get irritated easily," says Gervaise Gerstner, M.D., a board-certified, L'Oréal Paris consulting dermatologist. Because oil tends to be the root of breakouts, you'll notice that you're less prone to acne. However, Dr. Gerstner stresses the importance of upping the oil in your skin. Be sure to incorporate a rich moisturizer into your daily skin care routine.

Mostly B's: Acne-prone Skin

All the signs say you've got . Though it may seem as if this is the most obvious of all skin types, you may be reading these results with one zit and an otherwise flawless complexion. "If you notice big, cystic bumps every so often, you can be considered acne prone," says Katie Rodan, M.D., dermatologist and Proactive co-founder. Another giveaway that you are acne prone is if you've got an oily scalp or dandruff, she says. "Those are two surprising indicators of acne, as your skin and your scalp go hand in hand. Your hormones trigger oil production anywhere, and hormones are especially high in teenage girls." However, Dr. Gerstner stresses that you can suffer from acne at any age. "Many of my patients tend to get cystic bumps when using products that have oil. Instead, go for oil-free cleansers and moisturizers, and wash with something that has salicylic acid," she advises. Dr. Rodan prefers a like the .

Mostly C's: Oily Skin

All the signs say you've got . "Within an hour or two of washing your face, you'll notice that your skin is particularly shiny," says Dr. Rodan. If you're a teen, this is fairly normal, according to both doctors. "Overactive sebaceous glands release much more oil than the norm'" says Dr. Gerstner. "So if you're stressed or sweaty (or just plain hormonal), you may notice high oil production where your oil glands are located. This can cause breakouts in different spots for different people, including the back and chest areas." Drs. Rodan and Gerstner recommend that you stick with oil-free products to keep your shine at bay.

Mostly D's: Combination Skin

All the signs say you've got -that is, the new normal skin type! "Combination skin is really the most common of all skin types," says Dr. Rodan. You'll notice that your skin is oiliest in the regions where your oil glands are most prevalent and dry in areas where they're lacking. "Try to avoid over-cleansing, which is a common mistake with combination skin." Instead, wash your face twice daily and only apply a light, oil-free moisturizer in the areas where your skin tends to be driest." Also be mindful of the pH balance in your cleanser. "A more acidic pH level is better for balancing the oil in your skin." Dr. Gerstner also recommends investing in a facial cleansing brush, like the Clarisonic. "It's like a toothbrush for your face!" she says. It's just that essential.

Mostly E's: Sensitive Skin

All the signs say you've got . Drs. Rodan and Gerstner agree that if you suffer from eczema, asthma, a laundry list of allergies, or rosacea, you're likely to have sensitive skin. "If you experience a burning sensation when using many products, you probably have sensitive skin," says Dr. Rodan, who also notes that fragrance and preservatives are big causes of breakouts and rashes. "To test your skin's reaction to a product, swipe a small amount on the side of your neck several times a day. If you don't notice any redness, chances are you're in the clear to continue using it on your face." Stick to brands with hypoallergenic labels and your skin woes should be put to rest.

Mostly F's: Normal Skin

All the signs say you've got normal skin. This is probably one of the least common skin types, so consider yourself lucky! (And you might want to give your parents some love for passing down some pretty enviable genes.) "People with normal skin will notice very infrequent breakouts and they can handle pretty much any product," says Dr. Gerstner. "I'd recommend using glycolic pads to keep your pores unclogged and skin smooth." But hey, not so fast-that doesn't give you an excuse to go SPF-free!