1. Flowers in Your Hair

Word count: 900

Good job today, Thor," Steve said as he and the god walked back toward the quinjet.

    "To you as well," the Asgardian replied. "We make a pretty good team."

    Thor and Steve had been sent on a minor mission--an assignment, really--to take out a few Hydra agents that had secretly worked for S.H.I.E.L.D for many years. No complications had ensued, which was always nice.

    The two had landed the jet in the middle of a wildflower meadow surrounded by woods. When they finally crossed the meadow and reached the transport, Thor followed Steve inside to prepare it for takeoff. It usually took around ten minutes for everything to be prepared if there wasn't someone who stayed behind to prep it early.

    After seeing Steve didn't need his aid, Thor went to use the bathroom, then walked down the outside ramp to see the captain sitting a few yards from the jet among the wildflowers.

   "Rogers, what are you doing?" Thor asked, walking over to his companion.

   Steve blushed a little in embarrassment. "Oh, I'm making a flower crown. Bucky showed me how back in the forties, and we would make them in the park when no one else was around. I keep forgetting I don't have to get embarrassed by it anymore."

   Thor sat down beside him. "Could you show me?"

   Steve chuckled at the eager look on his face. "You got a girl back home you wanna impress or something?"

   Thor blushed. Steve was half right. Except, the first person that came to mind to give it to was Bruce. Since their experience on Sakaar, the two had grown close. Thor didn't know much about Midgard, but he always trusted Bruce to answer his questions without feeling judged (Steve was also pretty non-judgemental, but sometimes the two of them plus Bucky had to go to Bruce for questions.). Thor supposed making a flower crown would be a nice thank-you gift.

   "Um, well," Thor began. "I'd always see the maidens making flower crowns for each other back on Asgard, but of course my father would never approve of me participating in those sorts of things."

    Steve smiled sympathetically. "I think I can understand that." He gestured to his half-finished crown. "Here, I'll show you how to do it."

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Bruce had been in the lab since five that morning, trying to help Tony create an adjustable binder for Peter's suit. The scientist had been running on coffee and green tea for approximately nine hours. Tony had left for a lunch break about fifteen minutes ago. Bruce had to make him take a break since Tony had been up since three.

    "Banner!" A distinct, Asgardian voice boomed, making the scientist jump. He needed to program Friday to alert him when Thor was coming. Otherwise, Bruce got scared every time the god walked into the lab.

    Bruce decided this was a good enough excuse for a break. "Hey, Thor. How was the mission?"

   "Oh, fine. A little boring to be honest. Except for something Steve taught me!" Thor came over to Bruce's desk.

   The scientist finally glanced up. "You learned how to make...a flower crown?"

   Thor grinned and rapidly nodded, the poor flowers on his head losing some of their petals. "Isn't it great!? I've always wanted to learn how to make one of these!"

   Bruce chuckled. Thor was an odd fellow. Out of the whole team, for some reason he always came to one of the most boring people to show him his weird discoveries.

   "Well, that's pretty cool, Thor. I'm glad Steve taught you something new."

   "That's not the only thing! I made one for you, too!" Thor's grin grew even more as he pulled what was actually two flower crowns off of his head and separated them. He proceeded to reach over and place one among Bruce's curls.

   Thor's head seemed a bit bigger than Bruce's, so the crown slipped down almost over his eyes when the god put it on him.

   "Oh…" Bruce honestly didn't know what to say. "Um...thank you. This is very thoughtful." He was internally glad Tony wasn't down here, or else he'd never live this down.

   "I thought I'd make it for you as a thank-you gift for listening to me ramble about Midgard's greatness!" Thor was literally a golden retriever. Anything could make him happy.

   Bruce felt himself blush. Why was he blushing??? He really needed to learn how to take a compliment. "Well, I'm happy to listen to you talk about the little things you find. It adds a little sunshine to my day."

   Thor chuckled, turning a bit red as well. "I'm glad." He glanced back toward the lab door. "Well, I'm going to go eat. Have you had lunch yet?"

   "No, but I plan to soon. You can go ahead without me."

  "Okay." Thor turned back toward the door, a few petals from his crown falling to the floor in his wake.

   Bruce watched him go, then turned to look in a nearby mirror. He teared up when he saw the crown full of pink, purple, and blue flowers. Thor had nearly no social skills, but he could be so thoughtful.

   The scientist pulled out his phone, going to Google.

   How to dry and preserve flowers

  About 17,000,000 results.

   Bruce sighed. Over seventeen million ways to preserve flowers, but zero ways to accurately tell the God of Thunder his true feelings.