Victory Is Ours

The Third World War was tough. The day of its beginning came by fast, quicker than intended. It was a war between zombies and humans.

One could say it was a war between flesh and guns.

Before the war, humans had pictured the upcoming war to be a gun shooting into the flesh, giving them hope and satisfaction. But at the time, humans were naive and thoughtless. They had it all wrong.

Flesh could harm just as easily as a gun could.

Being undead did not give us weakness, but it gave us strength to tear down humanity, limb by limb. The tasty blood of humans covered the grounds of dying cities as we ripped into their flesh here and there, the screaming of our victim's pain being the loudest sound to be heard of miles away.

Once each and everyone of them dropped to the ground blood soaked and lifeless, they finally smelt of us; rotting flesh. At last, humanity could rise as one of us, their loyalty and rights laying with me.

Years ago, before the war, we were at peace.

When I say at peace, I mean deep beneath the ground, more dead than ever. But it wasn't only a time of our death. It was also a time of our life.

We hard risen from of our own cramped up graves, reaching out and seeing light. Our bodies were sore as they were slow and they rumbled with hunger from our long waited meal. As most humans had suspected, we were hungry for brains.

This was then when the reasoning behind the war could be told.

Whenever I felt logical, I would like to think of our enemy relationship between the humans as of the one shared between predators and prey. Us, as the predators, ate the flesh of humans, their brains being the most advertising part of them. They, as prey, were the flesh being eaten.

We dragged our rotting selves into many towns and cities, seeking brains. Many tried to make a run for it, but with the strength of us, we took them down and welcomed them.

With us taking humanity one by one, the population decreased to the point of it to became a concern. Humans slept in fear, afraid of us. It was then when humanity was suddenly no longer at the top of the food chain. They then knew the feeling of constant dread of being dead that most small prey felt as they wondered around the big world. The feeling of being near death itself, it ever ready to consume you whole.

The government became furious, demanding that we put an end to our cruelty. But did we? No. Our cruelty kept us alive. It was something the humans struggled to grasp. This made me blind with fury. The moment I felt the anger, was the very moment their cruelty came and kicked us all hard in the gut.

The humans hunted down zombies, shooting them down, then again when they wouldn't stay down. They did their very best in harming us in every wicked way one would dare to even imagine. Hundreds died, then thousands when scientists found a cure to prevent more coming to the lifestyle of being undead. If was utter chaos.

We fought them and they fought back. Then us again. Years were flying by and far to many zombies were suffering and dying. With the rage burning inside, I took a stand.

I demanded to lead and they demanded to win. Both could be done. With determination, I spoke of my hatred and of a plan. I would declare a war. A war like no other. A war we would win. It would be our time of victory.

Now, there we were, days early, desperate to win over them once and for all. As I said, the war was tough. And so very bloody, I would add. Humans are strong and powerful with their weaponry, indeed. But without, they are weak and they are fragile.

We were loosing as we were winning. But as we fought with all our might, humanity fell. As I lead, humanity fell more. And with me and my army's pride, humanity fell for good.

I hate humanity, I thought as I began to take the last human down, him begging for mercy. I leaned down and whispered in his ear the words I told each and every zombie that obeyed and believed in me:

Victory is ours.
_______________________________

Author's Note:

This is complete, unfortunately. I only wrote this for the propose of entering it in a competition held by WattpadZombies . It did not win, but I will forever be proud of it.

I would love to one day expand it, but I am busy working on other things. Maybe in future times there could be something to this or maybe there could be nothing. We'll see.

Thankyou to everyone who has chosen to read this story of mine! I wish you all a lively day and hope you all don't get bitten by any raging zombies any time soon.

See ya!