Chapter 3: Loki World

"I still think it's a terrible name." Said My Loki. I agreed but tried to stifle my laughter, otherwise I'd just encourage him.

"Listen Junior, it's my planet. I pick the name and it's name has been the same since it was birthed. If you wanted to name it you should have been the Prime. But you aren't. You allowed yourself to be kidnapped by some bureaucratic suits and then you joined them." The so called Prime Loki pointedly look mine up and down from his black tie to his shiny, sensible black shoes.

My Loki crossed his arms over his chest, I knew he was trying to look tough but it just made him look like he was self consciously trying to hide his tie. "It's a dumb name. It's a dumb planet. And the only reason you are PRIME is because you didn't deviate from your perprogrammed path. Like a good little robot. You know they have a test for creatures like you at the TVA." His speech was peppered with air quotes and pointed fingers. If I wasn't so filthy and exhausted I'd almost enjoy their immature little banter.

I stood up off the table, testing my newly healed ankle. It was sore but functional. "This has been amus-" I started but was cut off by The Prime.  "You can believe whatever you've been programmed to believe Varient but my path was never selected by anyone but me. I am the Prime because it was determined by divine providence, cunning and heroism. I died a hero, facing my enemy. Not with my back to them." He finished his speech with a scowl.

I could tell he wasn't really angry so much as spoiling for a fight. It seemed every time we crossed paths with another version of ourselves we needed to fight to assert dominance. I wanted to think myself superior but knew in my heart I'd been guilty of this particular vice many times over.

"Now wait a minute!" Mine ground out, his hands balled into fist and his eyes scanned our sourroundings for the closest weapon.

"ENOUGH!" I still had no idea where I was or what was happening but I was done listening to these two quibble. Both shut their eyes and took a calming breath in perfect unison.
"You're right" they both said together before narrowing their eyes at one another.

The Prime turned on the charm and opened the workshop door, a broad grin on his face. "Lady Sylvie, allow me to show you to more suitable lodgings and perhaps after you've rested I'll give you a one on one tour?"

"Perhaps." I responded stepping outside. The two suns in the sky explained the excessive brightness I'd noticed earlier. What I'd mistaken for a destroyed city in my pain filled haze before I now realized was actually a city under construction. Materials flew through the air, surrounded in green light and directed by various entities on the ground either waving hands or wands. One red haired woman appeared to be calling her power by singing in a language I'd never heard.

We walked past a group of children in the street throwing money printed with smiling Prime on it at two naturally horned versions of us ramming their heads together. The little golden horned child with yellow curls was declared the winner after locking horns with her black horned opponent and quickly tossing him aside. It appears the need to battle ourselves for dominance began very early.

"We will soon have a Coliseum for such sport!" The Prime decreed, motioning to a round, stone building going up in the valley just below us. "I learned of these structures during my great many travels throughout the universe. It's a pity you weren't capable of living longer Variant, there are so many wonders to behold."

"There are no more Variants or TVA. I destroyed it all." I interjected before My Loki could be drawn into verbal battle again.

"Oh! Well good for you. You are obviously a true warrior. I knew nothing of them until this fellow-" he gestured vaguely in My Lokis direction,"-showed up and it's all he has talked about since. Time keepers, the TVA, calling himself a Variant...I have enough to do here, ruling. They've never bothered me and so I've never concerned myself with them." He shot me a dazzling smile when he said "ruling" then continued to walk towards a portal that shined with iridescent rainbow colors.

"And here we are, our very own MultiBifrost. Stable portals that interconnect our entire planet as doorways. Without the risk of tossing you off mid trip into the great unknown..." the Prime rambled off a bit here then stood in silence just in front of the doorway, he appeared lost in thought.

"It's beautiful. Where does it lead?" I asked in an effort to bring him back.

He actually looked embarrassed for a moment then collected himself, regaining his put on regal air. He tossed his hair over his shoulder, his ice blue eyes locked on mine and a wave of shimmering green passed over him. Everywhere it touched it embellished his outfit with gold. Golden bracers on his legs, his black cloak trimmed itself in gold, the shining accents went up his thighs, then crawled up his stomach and chest, wrapping down each arm until it ended in a huge golden scepter in his hand  and a matching golden helmet with the largest golden horns of any I'd seen.

I'd never seen My Loki swathed in such riches before and was a bit stunned by the beauty of him until I realized he was watching my reaction with a wicked grin. I swallowed a bit too loudly then cleared my throat, pointedly shifting my eyes back to the portal.

"To the Palace we go, Princess." His voice dropped to a lower register and I could feel his eyes locked on me as he stepped through, wicked grin in place. I looked behind me at My Loki to see his arms crossed across his chest, one eyebrow raised at me. I felt  heat spread across my face and shook my head to clear the stray thoughts I was having. "That was definitely a bit much." I said before stepping through the portal. And it was true. Two of them was definitely too much.