Chapter 3. School

School ended early today and Skye decided to go into town. She wanted to clear her mind and stop by a couple of shops. This morning, she got a phone call from her mother. She had been really sad to hear that she stayed a couple of days longer in L.A. She didn't even ask why, she just accepted it. Being close to the base, she decided to make a stop but as she neared the base, she started to wonder who she actually wanted to see. Her sister is much more popular than she and she doubted anyone was waiting for her. She realized this the moment she neared the gate. To avoid awkward situations, she passed the base and headed for the mall not too far from the base. Last thing she wants is to be a bother to anyone.

Arriving at the huge and renovated mall, she entered some shops, bought a couple of things, but her most favorite shop by far was the huge art shop. Completely renovated and they had everything. All kinds of paints, pencils, papers, brushes, size of canvas and sketchbook. It's the biggest art shop in Washington DC. The large amount of brands had amazed Skye and took the opportunity to try a few and see which brand she loved the most.

Making a turn, she bumped into Sunstreaker. "Oh, hi..." she greeted as a blush crept up on her face. "Fleshie..." the yellow twin greeted and studied her for a moment. "Why that blush?" he asked. She mustered a smile on her face, "that doesn't help, Sunstreaker..." she sheepishly said while shuffling on her feet. The mech hummed and eyed her for a good moment. "What do you need?" he asked. "New sketchbook... one is missing and my others are full..." she replied. "Missing?" he asked. "Yeah... I think Tiffany took it to show off..." she replied. "Really? She does that kind of thing? My brother told me she's not always nice..." he said and raised a brow.

"I have not a really close bond with her... she feels like a stranger to me sometimes. Did she invite you too?" Sunstreaker raised a brow. "For the concert?" Skye added. "That? Ugh... I don't know yet. Now you're talking about it, she's asking everyone..." he muttered and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, typical for my sister. Don't expect too much if you decide to come..." Skye added. "Are you going?" he asked. "I fear so..." she muttered. "Your accent is way stronger than your sisters..." he noticed. Skye flinched a little, "please don't remind me... kids already make fun of me because of it..." she sulked. "I am not trying to offend you or whatever..."

Skye sighed, "I am not from the United States... We moved here. We are from Europe and... I speak more languages, German, French, Dutch, a bit Italian and English... and now I am here in the United States, I am learning Chinese... it's not that hard and you know... I had to choose something. It's better than physics I guess..." she said and shrugged. "So, which of these countries is your mother language then?" he asked as he followed her. Skye halted in front of the sketchbook and grabbed one. "Dutch..."

"Oh, interesting..."

"Tiffany is your only sibling, right?"

Skye bit her lip and shook off the sad feeling that welled up in her body. "Yeah... she is unfortunate."
Sunstreaker slightly cocked his head to the side. "I sense sadness..." he said. "Oh, it's just uhm... I am not really close with Tiffany and I wish it was different... that's all..." she muttered, turning back towards him again. He hummed, and brushed a lost strand out of my face, which made me blush again, but I decided to ignore it. "I have to go..." he said and turned around. She sucked in a breath and watched him leave before she paid for her sketchbook and left.

Around the afternoon, she came home and headed up stairs, hearing her sisters talk to people. 'Isn't there a day she doesn't have visitors?' Skye asked herself, shaking. If there's something she hates, then it's to have people over the floor every single day.

The next morning at school, she was far from lucky. She hadn't expected to be pushed on the floor. "Watch it, newbie!"

Kids laughed and stepped over her. Skye sat on her knees and looked at her scratched knees. Annoyed, she got up and walked into the school. It didn't end there, she thought it was just once. Like they did more often, but not today.

Tired and bruised, she arrived at home and headed up the stairs. She was upset and couldn't hold back her tears anymore. She let herself fall on her bed and buried her face in the pillow, crying.

"Skye? Are you okay?"

She looked up. Sideswipe walked up to her and sat on the edge. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly. She brushed some tears off her face. "Everything!"

"Everything?"

"Yeah! This stupid concert! My mom stays longer in L.A! Tiffany is working on my nervousness and now people are picking on me because I am not from Washington DC!"

He grasped her hand and flashed her a smile. "I am not from Washington DC either. It's not bad to be from somewhere else..."

"But you sound like you're from here. Have you heard my accent?"

"Mirage has an Italian , Que has British accent... he's not a big deal and I like it. It's cute." He brushed some strands from her face. "Don't cry, please... I rather see you smile," Sideswipe whispered. She gave him a tired smile back and embraced him. "Is there something I can do to cheer you up?" He whispered. Skye appreciated his sweet gesture but what could he possibly do? He barely knows her.

"No, I just needed to cry."

He hummed, "I don't like seeing you cry and I don't like seeing people hurt you. Especially not Tiff, you're so sweet and carrying." He murmured. Skye brushed a lost tear off her face, "well, I can't really change anything about it." Sideswipe sucked in a breath and smiled warmly at her, pulling her in a tight embrace one more time before he got up and handed her some water. "Thanks..." she mumbled and took a few sips. "Better?" he asked, nudging her softly. She smiled and nodded, "good... keep that smile up. You're too beautiful to cry..." he cooed. "I bet you say that to every girl..."

"Hmm, you think I am a playboy?" he asked. "No, more like a... bad boy actually," she replied,–– blushing. "I take that as a compliment," Sideswipe grinned. "But it's obvious you have comforted females in the past," Skye mumbled. "Hmm, some yes... Sunstreaker is amazing and comforting. I was taught it by a professional..." It took Skye by surprise. "Really? Sometimes Sunstreaker acts so... cold if you understand what I mean. No offense... but there are some things I don't really expect from you if you understand what I mean. Guess he has a lot of hidden talents, huh?" Skye giggled. Sideswipe smiled at her and nodded.

"I know... believe me, Sunstreaker has a lot of talents... cooking, singing, drawing... it's insane and makes me jealous sometimes," he laughed. I smiled at him, "thanks, Sides..." He hugged me one more time. "Of course princess."