pov: you and Denki are comrades in the love department

pov: you and Denki are comrades in the love department (fem!reader)

alt. title: crushing on super straight Ochako

genre : hopeful angst

What's the number one rule for us?
That's right: never fall in love with a straight girl. So why the fuck are you crushing on Ochako who's straighter than a meter stick?

"Hey, Uraraka, wanna grab a bite to eat sometime?" You hear Kaminari ask her. You know that feeling when you like someone and every fibre of your being just knows when they're about to enter the room? Like the electric hum in the air before a thunderstorm? That's what you feel whenever she's close by. Rationality would argue the electric hum is because of Kaminari. "What do you like?"

"Hm, mochi–"

You scowled at the interaction, walking towards them and hoisting the books from Ochako and then stacking them on the boy's arms.

"Hey!"

"Whatever, Kaminari. You need more muscles anyway." You roll your eyes at him.

"Wait, Deku, she didn't heal your injuries?" Ochako was instantly making a beeline for Midoriya.

Your shoulders droop; simultaneously Kaminari let out a sigh. In that moment you two have become fallen comrades in this battle for Ochako's attention. Kami, this was pathetic.

"Wanna have lunch with me? I'll pay." Kaminari offers, shooting a flirty smile.

"Oh, so now you remember I'm a girl?" You raised an eyebrow. "Thanks for the pity invitation but no." You grab half the textbooks from his arms and helped him go rounds, returning text books.

He chuckled, and then smiled witj a bit of  sheepish guilt. "I'm not making moves on you. It's for helping me with this." He gestures the textbooks in his arms.

"It's okay." Your eyes glancing at Ochako from time to time. Dammit, why was she so cute?
---
You slap yourself infront of the mirror comically. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in– You need to get over your crush. She's straight. She's really really straight. And she likes Midoriya. Hardworking, determined, awesome Midoriya. Fuck, you don't even stand a chance even if she was bi. You walk out the bathroom and rejoined the girls. Mina complains about training everyday, head resting over the sofa's edge. Kyoka stretches both her hands by intertwining them together and pushes them forward. Tsui asks Momo about her special move and Momo worryingly puts a hand on her cheek. You stare at Ochako sitting beside Tsui. She was sipping on the juicebox, clearly with something on her mind. Tsui asks about Ochako.

"Recently, my heart's all stirred about." She looks down, blushing and the air that surrounds her felt different. You could almost swear her atmosphere sparkled and is painted pink.

"It's love!" Mina blurts out.

"Yeah, you like someone Ochako." You say, shrugging. The little pinprick on your heart wails for you to stop pretending to be okay.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Ochako frantically denies, arms waving around her as if shielding her from Mina's interrogation. It doesn't. Your heart soared at the obvious lie, still holding on that there's a chance.

"Is it Midoriya or Iida?" Mina asks.

Uraraka floats and you couldn't help but grin at her cuteness. "She floated." You mumbled and the girls exchanged looks, you included, trying not to make your stupid crush obvious. The looks unanimously agreed to tease Ochako more.

"You'll get even lighter if you confess." Kyoka jeered.

"That's not it really! That's not–"

You might have died in that moment. The way she just forgot what she was saying. The girls didn't notice how she stopped mid-sentence but not you. Never you. You were always aware of her. So when she looked so lovestruck, as she stared out the window, you would bet a finger that she was staring at Midoriya. And you were so jealous, stupid jealous of everything Midoriya is. His character. His charm. His diligence. You wished at that moment you were a boy.
---
You bring a bag of goodies to Ochako's room. She didn't want to take it at first, but you showed her the grocery receipt and everything she got was just a freebie you took advantage of. Buy 1 Take 1 exists, coupons and you always always get high seeing discounts. Being middle class had taught you how to shop smartly.