iv.

"have you ever tried a chapati?" I asked marco, we've been walking around kampala for awhile now. He wanted to see everything and that's exactly what I did, I showed him around all the urban areas.

"A what?"

"It's hot bread." I answered. "Here come, there's a stand there."

I dragged him to the chapati stand at the end of the corner. For a person that's never been to Uganda, you should know that it was the go to snack here. If you were ever hungry and were out and about and had no time to go home to cook or not enough money for a full meal, chapati is it. It was simple and delicious. Always had one before I went somewhere in the morning, or just had one with tea for breakfast.

I bought two separates bags for marco and I, and a Rolex as well. I watches as marco opened his bag pulling out the first piece and popping it in his mouth. His expression changed and that's when I knew I changed this mans life.

"It's call a chapati?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I call it chapat sometimes. most of the times."

"Chapat." He says. "I love it."

"Try a Rolex." I handed him the extra bag.

"What's this?"

"It's a chapat with tomatoes, eggs, cabbage all rolled inside of it." I answered. "It's really good."

same expression ran across his face, it's like he's seen an angel and it handed him the Rolex personally.

************

"What do you do for fun?" Marco asked me as we sat down at the luango park. It was getting to the end of the day, the sun was set to be setting any moment and I was tried of walking around.

"I don't know." I shrug. "I listen to music I guess."

"Do you party a lot?" A sly smirk ran across his lips.

"Have you seen my parents?" I laugh.

Marco joins in on my laughter. "Fair enough."

"Do you party a lot?" I face him.

"sometimes."

"so that means you party a lot." I shake my head.

"to be fair, I've been injured in the beginning of my season so I had a lot of time in my hands." He flashes me his crooked smile. I fight my head to try and turn aways and not look at him any longer.

"typical European." I tease him.

"I beg your pardon." He grins. "I bet you do party a lot."

"it's not like I've never been out, I just don't go out as much." I explained. Which was true, I just don't feel like doing so. I go to a few night clubs here and there but that's about it.

"You should take me to your parties." He licks his lips. "I want to see how Africans get down."

"Do you know Didier Drogba?" I ask.

"Of course, who doesn't?" He grins. "Man that single handedly took the Champions league away from bayern munich, how could I ever forget such a legend a national hero."

"uhm okay I was just going to say go watch his dancing videos and see how Africans party but nevermind." I laugh. I didn't know he had this much passion in him about one man.

"who's your favorite singer?" Marco asked.

"either David Lutalo or Eddy Kenzo." I answer. I loved them and they Uganda's best current musicians and their voices were so pure and amazing.

"are they any good?"

"They're amazing, Marco reus." I nod. "Who's your favorite singer?"

"Beyoncé."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Truth. Chapat are the best things in the world. I've had one atleast 5 times a day