Chapter 4

"Agh, how are you so good at this?!" Isen called out, flopping his face onto the desk.

"Well, my Dad and I used to play a lot, so you can expect that I'd be good at it. But Remi did I really good job too!" John began to gather up all of the cards again, now preparing to store them away.

"Oh, thanks! I was honestly surprised when I managed to win a game, I surely thought I was going to lose." Remi added, chuckling.

Isen lifted his head off of the table as John continued putting all the pieces away.

"There's no need to feel bad, Isen. Seraphina didn't win a single game against my Dad and I either, but she did get better at playing. With enough practice, not only will you get better, but your chances of winning will be higher! We can always try again later, as I'm going to leave the set here for everyone else." He now stood up, shutting the case.

"Really? I would have thought Seraphina could have easily whipped you guys out in this game! - no offense, of course." He waved his hands.

"Well, really it's a game of luck. Everyone is on the same level, but it's how you play that wins you the game. Oh- and where would you like me to put this?"

Remi pointed over to where the other games were located, to which he stepped over to and placed the poker set atop them. As he turned around to face them once again, he was instead greeted with Seraphina standing at the doorway, peeking in.

"-I hadn't expected you to be in here, John. I just happened to be stopping by, especially since I thought you were coming later. Came to apologize to them?" She asked, now stepping inside.

"Well, yes, but I also wanted to join the Safe House." He answered.

Her eyes widened a bit in surprise before her expression rested, a smile coming onto her face.

"You're making such quick progress, John. I didn't even think about this- I'm glad you're coming up with your own ways towards your redemption, it shows you truly care." She stepped over to John, continuing a conversation between each other.

Meanwhile, Remi looked to Isen.

"Do you see that, Isen?" She whispered.

"-see what? Is something on Seraphina or something?" He narrowed his eyes, trying to see if anything was on Seraphina, or even John.

"No! That in such a short while, they're already back to normal." Her eyes went back to the two as they carried on their own conversation flawlessly.

"Ohh. . .yeah, what about it?"

"Do you think they're-?"

"They're-?"

Remi lifted her fingers, crossing them together.

"Oh? Ohhh- could they?" He looked back to Remi, who shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe I could ask her later?"

"Good idea."

As Seraphina and John turned to face Remi and Isen, they also looked back to them, waving innocently. 

"Uhh. . .alright then. Anyways, I was just talking to Sera that we should probably start heading to class- well, I should start heading. I'll catch you guys another time, alright?"

Before John could begin to walk off, Remi approached him, saying,

"Oh, do you think you can stop by here again during lunch? I'll announce your entry into our club to everyone then. Meanwhile, Isen and I will tell the other members that we're going to be introducing someone new, but we won't tell them who. I'll send Seraphina out to get you, if she's okay with that." Remi looked to Seraphina for confirmation, who gave her a thumbs up in response.