Chpt 3

Andi and I have been on the run for about three days straight now.
We're exhausted but have to make sure nobody is following us.
We do make small pit stops for obvious reasons but both Andi and I smell like we've come from a monkey house.
My vision is becoming blurred and my once light bag feels like it weighs a ton.
(Andi's pov)
We're both exhausted but Luci looks like she could pass out any second.
The amount of energy that power outburst must have used is astounding.
I've suggested stopping several times but have decided it's best to wait until her body stops functioning because her brain has different plans.
I honestly don't know why we have to run nobody followed us.
I finally hear it the noise I've been waiting for.
I stop the bike and look at Luci who is now passed out bike beside her.
(Time skip)
Luci's been asleep for about a day and a half now.
I set up camp in a meadow of somewhat familiar looking flowers.
I've been looking at the necklace and it doesn't seem to want to glow again.
It looks like it won't be glowing again anytime soon.
I don't know why I took it it looks so fancy and seems extremely expensive.
It has an engraving of something but the language isn't familiar to me.
I don't think I should wearing it because Luci will go crazy.
But then again she literally killed an old woman so I don't think she has much to say.
Maybe I shouldn't bring it up this is the first time since she's was a little kid that she lost control.
I don't really know why I went with her or the full reason for her going in the first place.
I honestly just wanted an adventure but I feel guilty for leaving dad just like that.
He must be worried sick about us.
It also makes me wonder why he hasn't tried to get us back.
I mean for all he knows we could be dead and rotting right now.
There is something suspicious about that.
"Andi?"
Luci's crackly voice snaps me from my thoughts.
I turn to her and give her a drink of water.
(Flashback)
(3rd pov)
Picking up the swaddled baby carefully as to not disturb the infant in its sleep.
Uproar has been caused since the birth of the infant and the palaces security doubled.
The king and Queen weren't getting any younger and needed an heir to the throne.
But their attempts for a male where futile as the infant is a girl.
Unease and distrust was running rampant in the country and the girls birth wasn't helping.
The upper class seemed to be getting richer the poorer getting poorer.
The queen rocking her baby slowly is apprehensive.
She knows the system that's been running this country for centuries is wrong and unjust but it's futile trying to convince her husband otherwise.
Their marriage had not been of love but purely political benefits.
Still she had a feeling that the king had somewhat grown to love her.
In his own lackluster way.
He however didn't want anything to do with his daughter and was seriously considering labeling her a bastard.
Princess Laura of Übernatüeliches Reich successor and heir to the throne.
Of course she hasn't been officially labeled Princess yet due to her father's shifting opinions and feelings.
But time was running out he needed to make a choice.
Even if she was labelled a bastard and given to somone to be raised amongst the people she would stick out like a sore thumb.
Her hair to fair her skin too light her eyes too blue.
Most of the people in the kingdom had light brown hair or ash blond.
Their skin ranged from generally fair to lightly sunskissed with freckles.
The poorest of the poor had tan skin thin eyes and dark but mostly black hair.
But unfortunately these days as the Kingdoms wealth and notoriety was in sharp decline the poorest of the poor seemed to be the majority of the people.
Looking upon her baby breathing
every once in awhile she felt something she had not felt in a very long time.
Hope.
There was a knock at the door and she turned as it opened.
"The king wishes to see the baby"
Rushing down the seemingly endless corridors with the swaddled bundle held securely in her arms she made her way to his office.
She stopped and froze at his door holding up her hand but not knocking.
She looked at the baby again this time she was awake and looking all around.
Giving the infant a small kiss on the head she knocked.
"Enter"
His voice had no definitive tone or emotion which caused anxiety to build.
Feeling her pulse in her neck she shakingly opened the door and entered closing it carefully behind her.
"Bring her to me"
Slowly Walking to him she held out the infant for him to hold but he held up his hand and waved her away.
"I've found a nice family that will take her"
Her heart dropped she clutched the infant as if her life depended on it.
"No!"
"I WON'T LET YOU TAKE MY BABY"
He look at her with a snarky curiosity and a raised brow.
"Lila my dear I told you not to get attached"
Anger.
As if no emotion otherwise ever existed.
She was fuming.
"HOW DARE YOU"
"Lila the decision is not yours to make and you know that"
He pulled out a signed document.
He had signed it she was officially declared a bastard.
He held it up with a snarly smirk plastered across his face.
Without even thinking she pulled out a lighter and set it on fire.