~3~

It was finally the 1st of September, a day Asteria was looking forward to since she got her letter

It was finally the 1st of September, a day Asteria was looking forward to since she got her letter. Cepheus has made her daughter already wear the Slytherin robes.

He kept his hand on his daughter's shoulder to pull her away from anyone who wasn't pure-blood which was almost everyone on the packed platform. He then noticed the Blacks who were about to send their oldest son to Hogwarts.

"Morning Cepheus." Orion Black greeted the man. Asteria looked over at Sirius Black who was also starting Hogwarts. She visited the family often and they both overheard plans for an arranged marriage between the two however she was closer to his younger brother, Regulus.

"Why do you have those robes on?" He asked when he saw the snake badge. "Father is certain I'm going into Slytherin." She replied before the train rolled into the station and filled the platform up with smoke.

"Be on your best behavior Asteria," Cepheus warned his daughter before he shooed her off onto the train, with no goodbye hug.

The pair then boarded the train and went up the hallways to find an empty compartment. That was when Sirius noticed a compartment with only two boys in, one of which Asteria recoginsed

"Is it alright if I sit in here?" He asked as he leaned on the doorway. The messy-haired boy nodded which was when he noticed the curly-haired girl. "Sirius he's a Potter." She whispered to the boy. "We're not suppose to speak to him." She added but Sirius scoffed.

"Why not?" James asked with raised eyebrows which made her roll her eyes before turning back to Sirius. "Then make sure your parents don't find out." She said before walking away and finding an empty compartment.

-☘︎︎-

Soon enough, the train stopped at Hogsmeade station and Asteria pulled her luggage off the shelf and carried it out onto the platform. "Where's the school?" She asked when all she could see was a forest. "Turn around." A tall man with a grand, messy beard said in a booming voice.

Slowly, she turned her head to see the giant castle with several windows which were all lit up by candles. There were many different towers with pointed roofs.

"First years this way!" The giant man called out which made a crowd of short children huddle around him before following him down a winding path to a lake with several small boats.

Then they all boarded them and they were surprised to see there were no paddles and the boats started to move by themselves. All students looked up in awe at the castle which was getting bigger and bigger the closer they got to it.

Finally, they reached the other side and they all followed the man with the great beard up into the castle before being told to wait outside the Great Hall.

Just then a tall woman dressed in emerald robes with silver hair approached them and peered down at them through her glasses. "The sorting ceremony will begin soon. I will call your name out one at a time and you will sit on the stool and the sorting hat will be placed on your head." She started to explain.

It sounded nothing like the sorting ceremony at Beauxbatons where they had to shoot an arrow with your name engraved on it across the room. But placing a hat on your head sounded much easier so, with the rest of the 1st year, she followed the Professor into the hall.

There were four separate tables and hanging from the ceilings were four different coloured banners, each with a different animal on. Asteria could not see the top of the ceiling instead a dark mist was scattered with floating candles.

Soon enough, they were at the top of the hall where the Professors' table was. Sitting in the largest chair in the middle was the Headmaster, Dumbledore.

The silver-haired Professor, who she heard was called Mcgonagall, started to call out the names of the students. "Parkinson, Asteria." She called out which made her walk up the steps and sit on a wooden stool before the hat was placed on her head. "Mmmm, interesting, very interesting." The hat announced loudly.

"Loyal." The brown, tattered hat called out which made Asteria froze as she remembered that being a trait of the Gryffindor house. "Hard-working." Her eyebrows raised when she realised that trait was of a Slytherin. "Patient." She became confused.

"Best be... Hufflepuff!" The hat announced loudly but no one was clapping. Instead, they were all snickering as the 1st year in Slytherin robes sat down at the yellow table.

She kept her head down for the rest of the ceremony, realising how her father would react. But then she glanced up to see Sirius who was sat at the Gryffindor table and sighed. "At least two of us will be disappointments." She muttered.