~30~

It was the morning of the Slytherin versus Gryffindor game and tension was high

It was the morning of the Slytherin versus Gryffindor game and tension was high. Asteria only planned on wishing Regulus luck as she had never enjoyed watching the games.

But as Asteria sat down in the Great Hall for breakfast, she was approached by Lily who sat down opposite her. "Are you watching the game today?" She asked. "I've hardly watched any games," Asteria replied as she wiped her mouth. "Well, do you want to come and watch?" She asked the girl.

Asteria thought for a moment before nodding. "Sure. Why not?" She said with a shrug which made Lily smile before walking back to the crimson table.

-☘︎︎-

Lily, Dorcas, and Alice stood in the courtyard of the school waiting for the Hufflepuff student who hurried out. "Where's Marlene?" She asked. "Already headed down to the pitch. Come on." Dorcas replied before the four students walked down the dirt path to the Quidditch pitch.

They all waited outside the Gryffindor changing room for Marlene to walk out so they could wish her a look. "How much longer will she take?" Lily asked as she looked down at her watch.

Asteria leaned on the wooden pillars which held up the towers surrounding the pitch. She stood out from the Gryffindor students as she wore her bright yellow scarf to block out the cold air.

James then walked out of the changing and wore a mischievous smirk when he noticed the Hufflepuff girl. "There seems to be an impostor." He said, looking at her Hufflepuff scarf. "And there seems to be an arrogant twat." Asteria replied with a shrug which made him roll his eyes before he walked away and lined up to fly onto the pitch.

Finally, Marlene walked out and they wished her luck before hurrying to get a good seat to watch the match. Asteria was never allowed to play the game or even watch one when she was younger therefore she didn't understand the game.

"Why do they have bats?" Asteria whispered to Dorcas who was gripping onto the railing with excitement. "They're beaters. They need to hit the bludgers away from their team and at the other one." She explained which made her eyes widen. "How is this game even allow?" She asked which made the Gryffindor snicker.

She turned back to the game to witness James bite his bottom lip as he pushed Regulus, making him lose balance and fall off. "You filthy bastard!" Asteria shouted at James which made him look over as well as make the Slytherins opposite snicker.

Because he was looking at her, he didn't see the bludger hurdling towards him. It hit him in the back which made him fall forwards off of his broom and towards the grass. "He deserved that," Asteria said which made Lily nod in agreement.

The Hufflepuff then hurried to pass the crowd in the stands to try and catch Regulus who had limped off of the pitch. She found him sitting on the grass waiting for Madam Hooch. "Reg, are you alright?" She asked.

"I can stand up for myself. You didn't need to shout that at him. Now everyone thinks you're my mother or something." He started to raise his voice in annoyance. "Reg, I-"

"Just go!" The Slytherin shouted. Asteria froze still before she turned away and hurried back to the castle, leaving the injured Slytherin alone on the floor.