7

My alarm clock was blasting with the same noise for the past 2 minutes. I looked down to see the same sweaty clothes I had on last night as I slowly sat up yawning before rubbing my eyes. I looked over the side of my bed to see my slippers perfectly placed next to eachother just how I left them. I slipped them on and walked over to the bathroom.

My slippers were a fluffy grey colour and were really soft with diamonds embroidered on the sides of them.

I gripped the edge of the sink is I stared at myself in the mirror in front of me. I felt sick. As if I was about to vomit. I didn't know what it was but I definitely wasn't feeling like this yesterday. I brushed my teeth and my hair and headed downstairs to see Cole.

"Your up early." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Dad pushed me off the bed. He went out with some girl named Linda." He said cutting up his fruits

"Linda?" I asked confused. The name sounded so familiar. It's like I knew who she was but it wasn't coming out.

"Yeah dad said he's been talking to her for a while." He spoke quietly.

"I think she's our new stepmom." Syd said unexpectedly as she tripped down the stairs. I almost choked on my breath. How does she even know about her? Were we talking that loud?

"Syd let's not go too far." I shrieked.

"Yeah it might just be a new friend" Cole spoke rubbing his forehead. I walked over to the family table and took a seat with Syd.

"Sof can you do my hair today?" Syd said shyly.

"Mhm what do you want?" I said unsurely. I really didn't want to do her hair but I also didn't want her to go to school looking like a rat so the least I could do was get her hair done.

"Two french braids?" She spoke. She looked like she wasn't finished thinking. "Or spacebuns.. or a ponytail... or a bun..." she said still wondering about her hair.

"Syd that's enough. Think about one hairstyle while your eating your breakfast. I'll do whatever"

Cole came and sat at the table. He had avacado toast and some strawberries apples and oranges in a separate bowl. I walked over the kitchen for something to eat. The choices today were cereal, toast, fruit.

"You guys pick a number between 1-3 and agree on it." I said loudly.

"1" they both said. Cereal it is then. I grabbed a bowl from the dishwasher and quickly rinsed it under cold water. I grabbed the cereal and poured it into the bowl. I was having lucky charms because no one eats it and I felt bad to put them to waste. I grabbed a spoon and sat at the family table to eat with Cole and Syd.

I finished my food quite quickly and grabbed syd. "Syd get your clothes from the cupboard and get changed in your room. when your ready just knock on my door" she nodded and skipped over to get her clothes.

I jogged up the stairs and stared at myself with the mirror attached to my wardrobe door. I opened the door and got out my school clothes. I plopped them onto my bed and walked over to my basket of perfumes and lanyards. I got out the white lanyard with the schools name in a darkish cream/beige colour with a bottle of perfume. I quickly got dressed slipped on my lanyard and sprayed a bit of perfume on my wrists.

That's when I heard a knock in the door.

"Come in." I say while opening the door. I quickly fixed syds coller and tapped my bed so that she could sit down. "What did you decide on then?" I said while brushing her hair.

"Two frenchbraids please!" She spoke clearly. My phone started to buzz as I quickly rushed her hair but at least made it look good. She ran out of the room and Cole took her to school.

Cole didn't have school today because he was on summer break early which was a bummer. My phone continued to vibrate as I picked up the phone. It was Nova and Brandon.

𝙉𝙤𝙫𝙖 🤍: 𝘼𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘽𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙨𝙤 𝙬𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩 𝘾𝘽

CB stands for Chicago Brew. It's where me and the group like to meet up before school starts. I normally get a bagel with a latte but choices differ.

𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻 💜: 𝗔𝗹𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 😉
𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗮 🤍 : 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿-
𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻 💜: 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱
𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗮 🤍: 𝗙𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂

Nova and Brandon are like a cat and a mouse in the mornings. And normally Brandon is the mouse.
I actually can't understand how someone can get that much energy while everyone else is still half asleep.

𝐌𝐞: 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝟕:𝟒𝟖𝐀𝐌.
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 🤍: 𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐤.
𝐌𝐞: 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐟𝐬
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 🤍: 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 💜: 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡.
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 🤍: 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 💜: 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝟗𝟑%
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 🤍: 𝐝𝐢𝐞.

Dad still wasn't back yet which kinda sucked because I'm kinda needing his money right now. Nova probably has extra anyways. I quickly put on my shoes and head out of the house to see the one and only waiting across the road.

I always hated walking towards you friend in the morning. They are too far away to start a conversation which is what made it awkward. I look down trying to cover my laughter while Nova was squinting her eyes trying to make sure it was me. I gave her a wave and we finally made it to eachother.

"Morning munchkin" She said jokingly.

"Shut up that makes me sound like a kid." She always does this. In the morning as well. I love her with my whole heart but annoying people was her specialty at this point.

After walking for what felt like an eternity we could finally see Brandon from a distance. He was with someone I just couldn't tell who it was just yet. We inched closer and closer as he waved at us.

"Hey ladies" Brandon said with a smirk. I took a glance at Nova as she stared at him before taking a bite out of his scone.

"You didn't even ask"

"I didn't have too" She spoke with attitude.

"I'm going inside to get something. Plus it's boiling outside I'm getting shade" Roman said locking eyes with me.

Roman was half Italian. His mom was White and his dad was Italian. He had brown curly hair with brown eyes. It was a darker shade then mine but not completely dark.

"I'm coming with" I said following his lead. Brandon stared at Nova while signalling her to go inside.

"What do you want." Nova spoke taking another look at his scone.

"Are you not going to get something because it looks like your feeding on MY food."

"Nah I'm not hungry"

ఌ ఌ ఌ

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

How are you guys feeling about this chapter? I made it longer with a bit more dialogue

I'm aiming to make chapters longer in the future because I know short chapters can be boring.

As always I love you!