41| Reconcile

Chapter 41: Reconcile (Gianna's POV)

We both spent the rest of the week far away from each other. No conversations, no touching, no kissing. We kept a huge distance between us. And I would run into him once in a while but I would ignore him every time he tried talking to me. 

It hurt a lot. I think the first three nights I even cried alone in bed. Not because he wouldn't tell me. It was partly because of what he did. Used me, lied to me. And it was partly because he wasn't there beside me and he wasn't even trying to fix things. 

He wasn't really apologizing and showing any signs of regret for what he did, nor was he trying to make it up to me. And I understand that he might also be angry with me because I told him what my true intentions were when I married him. But they were just thoughts, I never acted on them like he did. What he did to me is worse because I didn't do anything but trust and love him. 

I parked the car, coming back from work. My work schedule is finally slowing down and coming back to normal. It's been less stressful and less time-consuming lately. Which I'm very thankful for because after what happened with Ace, I didn't have much energy and dedication to work. I got out of the car and headed inside. 

Ace kept true to his word this entire week. He would leave before me so when I came into our room to get ready I wouldn't have to deal with him, and he would return after me so I was already ready for bed and didn't need to use anything in our room. 

I stopped by the guest room I was staying in and left my purse and shoes there. Then I walked to our room to freshen up and change into pajamas. His father told me at breakfast today that he had a dinner meeting and wouldn't be home, so I knew I would be eating dinner alone tonight. I sighed, pushing the door open, and froze in my tracks when I saw he was already back. 

He was changing into his pajamas, pulling a black v-neck on. Unfortunately for me, he turned around and saw me before I could leave. "Sorry. I had nothing to do at the office today. I couldn't stay there any longer, so I came back," he explained. 

"It's fine. This is your room more than it's mine," I mumbled, closing the door behind me while I stood by it. 

"That's not true," he mumbled, moving aside while I walked to the closet and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a black camisole. 

"I'll just take my clothes and go," I said, mostly to myself. 

"Why?" 

I stopped, hugging my clothes in my arms. "What do you mean?" I turned to look at him slowly. 

"You can just use the bathroom here. All your stuff is in there." 

"What stuff?" 

"Your..." He gestured to his face. "Skin stuff." 

I pulled my lips in a thin line, trying not to smile. "Huh?" 

"You know all your... skincare stuff." 

"Ah," I nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, okay." I moved and walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I chuckled softly, changing into my pajamas and then doing my skincare. I opened the door back up, jumping when I saw him standing right outside. "Oh my god, why do you do that?" 

"Sorry," he mumbled. "But can we talk?" 

"Why?" 

"Because I want to." 

"Will you tell me everything?" I lifted a single brow. 

"Gianna," he huffed. 

I shrugged, heading to the door but he grabbed my arm, pulling me back. I stood there, looking up at him, waiting for him to say something.