Part 1

You stared down at the big, fat 42% in red ink marring the top of your statistics paper.

"Shit," you cursed to yourself, shoving it to the bottom of your bag on your way out the classroom door.

This was yet another paper added to your growing "failed assignments" list. It wasn't that you didn't care about college, but sometimes it was just hard to find the motivation to do the work—especially when there were so many better ways to spend your time. Also, math fucking sucked.

You internally scolded yourself for all the invites you turned down of studying or working on an assignment with a friend. Times were getting desperate, what with midterms coming up, and if you failed this course you'd have to retake it in the summer if you wanted to graduate on time. Which was definitely not an option, given the fact that you already had a trip abroad planned with friends that you wouldn't miss out on for the world.

Your feet took you through the halls and down the stairs of the mathematics building on autopilot as your brain ran a mile a minute contemplating options for a solution to your problem. There's no way you were signing up for on-campus tutoring; you'd rather gauge your eyes out than spend multiple hours a week doing homework with some stranger in a stuffy classroom and another professor watching over you like a hawk. Studying on your own was hopeless because you weren't even sure you had all the material, much less the attention span or self-discipline to make yourself do it. Your friends were just a distraction, and none of them were tech savvy enough to hack into your professor's computer and get the answers you needed. There might be a way you could pull off sneaking into the classroom and stealing the tests—

"Oh, sorry!"

You were suddenly jolted from your thoughts when your shoulder collided with something hard and sturdy; it took you a moment to realize it was another girl who looked to be a freshman and was staring at you with nervous, apologetic eyes.

Your lips turned down into a scowl. "Watch where you're going, dumbass." You forcefully nudged your shoulder against hers again before she let out a squeak and scurried away like you intended.

Annoyance was coursing through you, and it only flared tenfold when you looked up and saw Jeon Jungkook, the nerd you've been pushing around since the moment you met. His nose had previously been buried in a book and he was now watching your altercation from a table in the nook of the hallway.

"The fuck you looking at?" You grumbled at a volume loud enough to reach him. He quickly snapped his gaze away before nervously getting up and scrambling down the hall.

You shook your head with a scoff. Stupid, nosy bastard. If he knew what was good for him he'd mind his own business and keep studying his—

Your brain screeched to a halt.

Of course. Why hadn't you thought of this before? Why put in the work yourself when you could just get this loser to do it for you?

"Hey, four eyes!" The shout fell from your lips as you ran to catch up with him. It was when your hand caught his shoulder that you shoved him around to face you, his back slamming against the wall and his textbook falling in a heap on the ground at your feet.

He stared down at you with wide eyes full of fear. His lips wouldn't let him speak.

"Do my homework for me and I won't beat you to a bloody pulp."

"Wait, what?"

You wouldn't actually hurt him; you'd never gone so far as to physically harm him or any of the other students you tormented on campus. You were, however, very serious about making his life at this school a living hell.