Chapter 4, The Ride Back Home

Ok so admittedly this chapter is a bit of a filler, but it does have some important plot points. With that, enjoy the chapter. 😃

We got back to our carriage and I was seriously questioning all my life choices. I knew my father was going to yell at me and I knew that I should be disappointed in myself, but for some reason I just didn't care. It may have been a lapse in judgment, but King Philza and Prince Technoblade didn't seem all that bad. Technoblade had allowed me to read, and even take one of the books from his library. Philza had been incredibly polite when we had spoke and he seemed to just want everyone to get along.

"Y/n please tell me you found something other than books." My father said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Well I tried to find something... but I got caught." I said. "How does that lead to you getting a book." My brother said. I glared at him because he was not helping the situation. "Well I had to make up an excuse for why I wasn't in the ball room, and luckily for me the room I found myself in was the library." I responded. "Who found you?" My father asked.

I went quiet. I didn't know if I should tell him the truth or not. On one hand if I told him the truth then he might get stressed out, but on the other if he knew the BLOOD GOD had caught me then I think he would be a bit more forgiving.

"Prince Technoblade caught me." I said in a quiet voice. My father and brother basically exploded. "How in the world did you get out of there alive?" My brother said, astonished. "Skill, and I said that I had just slipped away from the ball to read." I told him. "Ok so why didn't you just say that, wait for techno to leave, and then keep looking?" My father asked.

I didn't know what to say to this. The reason I didn't do that is because I was enjoying talking to Techno. Plus I REALLY didn't want to spy on the SkyHaven Kingdom. But I couldn't tell my father that. So thinking on my feet I said, "I figured I would have more luck questioning Technoblade than searching around a unfamiliar castle." My father and brother exchanged a look.

"Did you learn anything?" My father asked. "Nope, just that Techno likes the same books as me." I said. My father and brother looked like they had been dropped from a 3 story building. "Technoblade likes to read." My brother said. "Well he likes to read mythology, I don't know about anything else. You know that might be why he is so good at fighting. Its because he studies the stories of the past and they have plenty of fighting in them." I responded. My father and brother just sat there silently, in fact they were silent the rest of the ride home. A stark contrast to the ride there.

When we got home my father told me to go and get something to eat and to not disturb him and Lucas because they would be busy. I assumed that they would be dealing with the Quakity problem but I didn't really know. However before I got something to eat I changed into a nice night dress. After that I started to head to the kitchen to get something to eat. ( By now its like 8 pm. Also her night dress is at the top. Again you can change it if you want it is just a visual.)

Word count: 613 words.
So this is a bit of a weird place to end it but I don't want the chapter to be too long, and I'm just lazy. Hope you all are having a good day and thank you for the reads. 😀