Chapter 2

"So how did the mission go?" Sam asked Bucky as they approached Loki and Sylvie side by side, not looking at the two.

"The mission went without complications. We have..." Bucky broke off in the middle of his sentence as his gaze met the two variants. "Loki?" He looked at him with a puzzled expression and finally he noticed Sylvie as well.

"Excuse me but do we know each other? This is the tower of the so-called Avengers, isn't it? My information might be outdated after all these years." Said Loki with a frown.

"Stop your games, Loki." Sam said to him before turning to FRIDAY. "FRIDAY call the others to our position." He ordered, looking at Sylvie in confusion, it was clear that no one seemed to know how to respond to her.

"Will do, sir." Replied the disembodied voice.

"There's no need for that." Loki smiled and raised his hands as Bucky and Sam walked toward him. "Sylvie." He handed her the TemPad and she began typing something on it.

"Battery at 5%." Explained Miss Minute's voice.

"Can't you get a TemPad with a full battery?" Sylvie looked reproachfully at Loki and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I didn't have time to check the battery." Replied Loki. The elevator opened and Wanda, Vision and Carol stepped out of the elevator and rushed to Bucky and Sam.

"So back on a planet with no way out. What now?" Sylvie asked, looking at the group in front of them.

"Why are you here, Loki?" Sam asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest, his chin gesturing to Sylvie. "And who is she?"

"An illusion. Besides, I'm in this room too, so you can ask me in person." She said mischievously and tilted her head with a smile. Sam turned his gaze from Loki to Sylvie.

"So who are you?" Bucky asked curiously. The other Avengers said nothing yet, watching the spectacle before their eyes.

"I'm Sylvie Laufeydottir, goddess of mischief." She declared confidently.

"Goddess of mischief? Like Loki?" Wanda asked for the first time, Sylvie turned her gaze to her.

"She's my variant." He explained, looking at her. "The inferior one, of course." Loki smiled mischievously at her and she jokingly punched him in the ribs.

"If anyone is inferior, it's probably you." The Avengers looked at each other, unable to comprehend what was happening.

"Anyway, what are you guys doing here?" Sam asked and Loki took a deep breath.

"We're not here for you. We just need a sufficient power source to recharge the TemPad." Sylvie looked around, "The energy from this tower should be enough."

"No. You will not use this tower for tem thing." Bucky explained to the two.

"TemPad." Loki explained to the team. "If you're not going to help us, we're going to say goodbye." Loki left and Sylvie followed him, but they got in front of them and blocked their way.

"We can't have two Lokis..." began Sam.

"I'm not Loki anymore, I'm Sylvie." Sam looked at them briefly and nodded slightly.

"We can't just let you two run around. We all know how that turned out the last time you were on Earth, Loki." Sylvie looked at him questioningly for a moment.

"I don't know who you are, but you don't want to get in our way." Threatened Sylvie, raising her sword high.

"We don't want any trouble with you." Bucky tried to reassure Sylvie. "But we have rules and we can't have two demigods walking around New York."

"What do you think, you stay here after today, at Avengerstower and tomorrow morning we'll try to help you with this thing."

"Why would we do that?" Loki asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It would be a benefit to everyone. We can monitor you so you don't try to take over Earth and you might get to your goal of charging the TemPad, whatever that is, faster." Loki looked at Sylvie and she reluctantly lowered her sword.

"Do you guys have a room? I'd like to freshen up." Sylvie asked, drained.

"Yes we do." Sam nodded and motioned for both of them to follow him to the elevator.

"Who are you?" Loki asked him as Sam pressed the button for the elevator.

"I'm Sam, Captain America." Loki raised his eyebrows questioningly, but didn't ask. Sam led them down a hallway and stopped in front of a door. "This is your room, Sylvie. Loki, yours is directly across from hers." He pointed behind him. Sylvie nodded silently and entered her room. She closed the door silently with a small slam. "Charming." Sam said goodbye and headed for the elevator.

"I'm not the same Loki you know in this timeline." He explained, and Sam turned to face him. "I know my other version died here, in this timeline. I want to ask you not to inform Thor of Sylvie's and my arrival." Sam nodded his understanding and left. Loki entered the small room and looked around, it was definitely not comparable to his chambers in Asgard, however it would suffice him for the moment. He took off his tie and threw it on the small nightstand next to the bed. Loki went to the bathroom adjacent to his room and entered it. He looked at the wound on his arm, it was almost completely healed, only the dried blood indicated that there had been a cut. A green glow enveloped his body and made his clothes disappear. He stepped into the shower and began to clean the dirt and blood from his body. His mind wandered to Sylvie. Sylvie, she is amazing and Loki was sure he had never met a woman like her. He wondered if Mobius had been right. Did he love her? Loki knew the answer. He left the shower and dried himself with the help of his Seidr. He let his pants reappear on his body, his shirt too dirty and broken to wear again. His magical inventory was exhausted, so his only option was to ask Sam for a shirt later. But he first had to finish what he had been trying to tell Sylvie at the Timekeepers. Loki left his room and knocked on her door. After a few seconds she opened her door, she was no longer wearing her horned helmet and had changed her armor into a simple black t-shirt and pants.

"Loki? Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" Sylvie looked at him in confusion. Loki's hands shot up and wrapped themselves in her hair. Without Sylvie being able to react, Loki's lips were on hers and he pushed her into her room. After she got over her shock, after a few seconds, she began to kiss him back, holding him gently by his forearms. The kiss became increasingly passionate. Loki closed the door and gently pressed Sylvie against it. He tried to push his tongue him her mouth, but she refused and smiled slightly. Loki pressed his body against hers and made her moan, allowing Loki to push his tongue into her mouth. A loud beep made the two break the kiss, it was the TemPad signaling a fork in the time line, as on Lamentis. Loki let go of Sylvie and smiled.

"You are my dagger, Sylvie."