Chapter 8

~~Next morning~~

Marinette and all her classmates were up and had gathered in the lounge after having their breakfast.

Miss Bustier- (Claps) "Students. Can I have your attention please. Unfortunately, we won't have the skiing program today. Instead, we will go to the market area!"

Most of them look disappointed except for Chloe, who was exceptionally eager at the prospect of going shopping.

Miss Bustier-"Okay, let us go students."

~~At the market~~

Everyone had split into groups. Miss Bustier had allowed them to be on their own but had asked them to gather at a certain spot after 6 hours so that they would go back to the resort all together.

Nino, Adrien, Marinette and Alya were strolling through the snowy streets between the pretty little cottages. The place looked nothing short of a winter wonderland and the air around them had a jolly vibe too.

"I'll be back.", said Adrien as he left the group.

"Me and Nino have to get a few things. Meet you after some time girl," and Alya sped off somewhere with Nino.

Marinette was ditched by her friends in the middle of the path, poor her. Thinking of killing the time Marinette decided buy something for Chat for being such a good friend to her. Thinking about it, she had never given him a present. The cat would surely be happy to get a gift.

Marinette went around to find a gift store and sure found one where she bought a few things.

~~After some time~~

"Marinette!", called out someone from behind.

"Huh", Marinette turned around to find Adrien running towards her.

Marinette- "Oh. You are back, but where are Alya and Nino?"

Adrien- "They are coming. I met them on my way back and we started a race."

Marinette- "Oh! Okay."

Nino- "We are here."

Alya and Nino were breathing heavily from running quite a distance on the snow laden boulevard.

"Good. I was about to go check if you all were lost or something", Marinette said sternly.

Alya- "Sorry girl."

Adrien- "Let's go to a café. I just saw one round the corner."

After reaching the café, they seated themselves at a small table. Alya sat with Nino on one side of the table while Marinette and Adrien sat on the other side.

Marinette- "Lunch is on me."

Adrien- "No. I'll pay."

Marinette- "I said it first."

Adrien sighed. "Fine."

They ordered four cups of coffee, Palets De Dames, and Chaussons Aux Pommes.

Marinette- "Yum!"

After Marinette paid, they decided to go around the place and take a few pictures. At about 5:00 P.M., the students returned to their hotel.

After dinner Alya, Nino, Adrien and Marinette sat around in a circle on the sofa.

Alya- "Let's play 'Two Truths and One Lie'."

Nino- "Okay."

Marinette- "First is Adrien."

Adrien- " 1. I can play the piano, 2. I love to eat camembert, 3. I know someone's big secret which I shouldn't have known in the first place."

Nino- "No.3 is the lie?"

Alya- "I think the second statement is the lie."

Adrien- "I hate camembert! So, Alya is correct. It's your turn now Alya."

Alya- "Okay. 1st- I hate Olympia. 2nd- My twin sisters are Satan's spawns. 3rd- I love croissants."

Marinette- "1st one. Duh!"

Alya- "Correct. Marinette, you go next."

Marinette- "Sure. No.1- My favourite colour is pink. No.2- I am terrible at rapping. No.3- I am really good at babysitting kids."

Alya-"Girl, you suck at rapping."

Marinette-"Very true."

Nino-"I think we should go to sleep now. We'll go for skiing tomorrow, remember?"

Adrien-"Yes you are right. Goodnight guys."

Others- "Goodnight."

They fell asleep. However, they didn't know what was in store for them the next day.