Chapter 5

Both of them were lost in the city of London. They both don't know where to go. Hermione held Tom's hand tightly and it seems that her nervousness appeared. While Tom was continued to walk without any fear in his face. " We need to find a place to stay for awhile", Hermione breaking the silence between them. Tom just nodded quietly without looking her face. As they were walked in the dark street, suddenly they saw a black figure lurking in the darkness without people noticed. Hermione and Tom saw it. They both curious what was the figure doing in the street with a suspicious move. Tom just assumed it was a man. The figure keep walking until he stopped facing the wall. Tom didn't realised he just dragging Hermione to follow after the man. " Tom! Don't follow people around before we get into more trouble!" Scolded Hermione harshly. But he won't listened to her and keep following the man while Hermione flustered behind him. Hermione grew worried because she didn't want them to get into trouble by being caught with a stranger. She was afraid that the man that they followed maybe one of the evil people who had killed her parents in the past. When she recalled back her memories about it, it leave her shivering. She stopped her pace and yanked Tom's hand to her left side. "Tom... don't do anything stupid. We shouldn't follow him around. What if he caught us? Who knows he capable of hurting people like us. "Hermione pleaded at Tom with her glossy eyes. She was trembling when face to face with him. Tom looked back at her face and grabbed her hands to their face. " We need to follow him. We just..need to. I think there is something wrong with that man. I want to know what he was doing. Hermione, I just saw him holding a stick on his fist. I think it is a magic. Don't you realised there's something about that man?" said Tom while he stared at her eyes with his cold eyes. Hermione shivered a little when his dark eyes stared deeply into her eyes. She felt like his dark brown eyes stared right into her soul. She sighed and bit her lips. Like Tom,she was curious about the man in the street,she did feel the magic surrounded that man. And it too powerful and dark. Before dhe could protest, Tom dragged her again with him. They saw him holding a stick with his cloak covered most of his face. His face was grimmed, he held his chin high and tapped the wall three times with his stick. Suddenly, the wall was moved to the left and appeared the secret passage behind it. Hermione and Tom were amazed to this man. It seems like magic can do more than anything they could describe. When the man entered the secret passage, the two of them followed him quickly. They walked in quiet so that the man didn't noticed if he was being followed by them. Tom was really curious about the stick that the man was holding, it seems like it was a tool that can called magic surrounded the man. Hermione was deep in thought and tried to proceed everything that she witnessed that day. She also curious that there was another world behind those magic and it was hidden from their own world. Then,she remembered something from what she was reading a year ago. There was a book named " Witchcraft " where it was mentioned about a witch using a wand. Then,it clicked! " Tom! I think it is a wand!" said Hermione with glee. She looked excited for awhile and Tom just stared back at her. "A wand... I need that wand, there is magic inside it!" Tom didn't heared anything Hermione said to him. He was daydreaming in his mind. 
    " Tom! Tom! Are you listening to me?" Hermione snapped her finger to his face. His daydreaming was interrupted by Hermione and looked back to her face. " Hermione... We need that wand", his voice was low and eyes looked gleaming. He was planning something and Hermione don't like it. She know when he started to plot something in his mind, it was never a good one. His amusement smirked were appeared in his face and eyes gleaming evilly.  " Tom! If you try to steal someone's wand,tou better not! You should know that is bad!" Hermione was upset by his acts that day. She didn't like the idea of stealing people's wand because her beliefs on doing the bad things was unacceptable behaviour like her parents told her. " Don't you wished to hold the wand and feel the magic surrounded you, Hermione?" Tom tried to convince her about it and she was frowned. " No! I'll not stole people's thing. " Said Hermione fiercely. She folded her hands in her chest and looked angrily towards Tom. Tom was frustrated with her stubborn acts but he appeared to be calm in front of her. " We don't stole it. I know he have more than one wand. If we take it, he still have no problem with it because he had one. Then,we run. He didn't have to know who take it," he said again. " It is stealing,Tom. I won't do it", Hermione was so done with him. He didn't care and dragged her with him again. He used his magic to lift the wand from the man's pocket and slipped it quietly into his grey robe. Hermione didn't noticed it but she was still following the man with Tom. The secret passage was long journey until there was a door appered in front of the man. He opened the door and closed it. Hermione and Tom doing the same thing. They were shocked by many things behind the door. It was a real  wizarding world in front of them. " It seems like we arrived in a shop," Said Hermione to Tom. They were standing  in the stone fireplace of what looked like a large, dimly lit wizard's shop called "Borgin and Burke's". In that shop, there are a lot of unusual and ancient wizarding artefacts such as a blood-stained pack of cards, and a staring glass eye.Evil-looking masks stared down from the walls, an assortment of human bones lay upon the counter, and rusty, spiked instruments hung from the ceiling. Even worse, it was really dark in there. Hermione was shivering and Tom walking around the shop looking for the weird things. The curse opal necklace was fascinating him. He touched the wooden shop with his pale hands and holding the wand with his right hand. He tried to summoned the opal necklace with the wand by whispering. Slowly, the necklace was floating towards Tom. Hermione was reading the magic journal in front of her and turned her head to Tom. " Tom, don't touch it! Who knows it was dangerous and you'll be cursed by it!" Hermione slapped his hands to prevent him from touching the necklace. He was amused by her awareness towards something. "Alright, I won't. I was just trying to move the necklace by this wand", said Tom. While Tom was trying to grabbed the black amulet, suddenly they heard a voice from behind. Hermione and Tom turned around and saw a grumpy man yelled at them with his hand holding a wand. " Tom, I think we should run," Hermione hissed quietly at Tom's ear. " What are you doing here,brat?! Don't you see the sign! No children!" the man was very angry at them for intruding his shop. Finally, they both quickly left the shop and wandering all around the wizarding world until they found a shop named Flourish and Blotts. The shop was filled with shelves stacked to the ceiling. Flourish and Blotts was filled to the brim with books. Shelves upon shelves lined the walls, from ceiling to floor. The books were of all sizes and different varieties.
    For the first time, Hermione gasped in amazement when she entered the shop with Tom. She'd never saw  many book in one shop before and it amazed her that this place looks like library to her. Her fingers ran the spine of the books in the shelve as she explored the reading materials. As for Tom, he flipped one book from the left shelve and began to reading. There are lots of magical readings that attracted their attention as they stepped their foots in that place. Tom glanced for seconds at Hermione but only found her sitting on the stairs with both hands holding a book in her lap. Her brown eyes were sparkling with some golden specks around her iris.