1 - ordinary day

The quiet click of brown key caps filled the space around me. "We're almost there guys" I say as my viewer count climbs to al all-time high, 100 viewers. Was my dream finally going to come true? I have been streaming for almost four years now ever since my fifteenth birthday when I got your old, cheap PC that could barley stream. I hoped that I would have become famous by now, wouldn't need to rely on my barista job to survive. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for my 100 viewers however I've streamed to 4 viewers for over three years with no sign of growth.

"Thank you all so much guys! I can't believe we finally did it!" I said with excitement as I expressed my joy. "June, get in here! I hit 100 viewers!" I scream out of my doorway to my sister. "No shot" they say as they make their way over and look over my shoulder. "Oh wow, congrats! You know what this means, you have to face reveal now." "OMG I almost forget about that, I might do it next stream, I'm not very prepared right now." I look up into my sisters eyes and we shared a moment before they made their way back to the living room. "Alright chat, I think I am going to go but , trust me, there will be a big stream tomorrow" I rifled through my following list to see someone to raid. Someone called Hooverr was live and he only just started his stream so he might even notice me! "Alright guys, can't wait for tomorrow, we're going to raid Hooverr so lets spam y/u/n raid in the chat, byeeeeee" I type /raid Hooverr in the chat and my 100 viewers flood into Hooverr's chat where they began spamming. 

My username was flooding the chat and it was honestly overwhelming. A wall of my emotes appeared. "Woah a raid from y/u/n! Thanks so much, wow you got a lotta fans in this chat, I might have to give you a follow." No way was Hooverr going to follow me. I am slightly freaked out but my excitement overcame me and it seemed like some of Hooverr's loyal fans would too.

I rose from my slightly sweaty leather gaming chair. My cluttered gaming space took up a small nook in the corner of my bedroom. My apartment wasn't big but it was enough for me and June. I went and washed my face and put on my favourite pjs and climbed into bed. 1:30am. I guess normal for me now-a-days. I had work at 9am on the morning so I better go to sleep. After scrolling through twitter and following some fans, I finally drifted off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

My alarm pounded in my ears. Already? Ughh. I reached for my phone and scrolled through Instagram for a few minutes before stretching out of bed. I reached for my brown corduroy pants and grabbed a plain black jumper to slid on. I sighed. I didn't like this traditional job, I wish my streams were stable enough for me to live off them. I want to work for myself. I walked towards the kitchenette and grabbed a muesli bar for the road. "Cya June, I'm going to work" I called out into their room however there was no response, I'm guessing they are still asleep. I grab my name tag and keys as I head out the door. As I walk to the garage, I study my name tag that I personalized. I drew a twitch logo next to my name along with my pronouns. At least my work is supportive and flexible.

I sat in my car and connected my phone to the aux and put on my chill playlist to calm myself before work. I mean it was only a six hour shift today so there's not too much to worry about. I pulled out of my garage whilst jamming out to some Tyler the Creator. It was only a short drive to work. Even though Austin is a large city, I feel like I see that same people all day, every day.

I parked up in the mall carpark with 10 minutes to spare. I decided to make my way into work and grab a coffee before starting.

-----------------------------------------------------

I must admit time flew by fast when I was at work. There was only an hour left to go before I could leave. Whilst I was frothing from milk, a sun ray pierced my eye drawing my vision out the window. I saw a Jeep into the car space right outside and two young people in the front seats. They were holding a camera and I could tell that their energy was contagious. 

For some reason I was drawn towards the boy. Something about his face. His pretty face.