"I'm not cuddling you."

A/N: Tj is 18 and Cyrus is 17 in this:)

--------------------------------------------------

Cyrus sat at Tj's desk in his room, quietly doing his homework while Tj was in bed; laying down and scrolling through social media. The boys just got home from school and work. Tj picked Cyrus up from school -after a thousand times of Cyrus saying 'no'- but he finally agreed.

"Can you please turn that off? I can't focus." Cyrus said, keeping his head down and his eyes on his homework.

"What? My phone?" Tj asked, knowing damn well he was talking about his phone. "Yes, your phone," Cyrus replied. "It's annoying."

"It's tiktok," Tj defended. "It's annoying." Cyrus said, turning around and locking eyes with Tj. Cyrus gave him a glare, which was enough for Tj to sigh and turn off his phone.

"Thank you." Cyrus said, smiling softly at him and turning back to his homework. Tj can't tell when Cyrus is being sarcastic or serious anymore, but he decided to stay quiet either way. Tj kept his eyes on the boy sitting at his desk. He was pretty. He was cute. But Tj wouldn't say he has a crush crush on him.

He thinks about kissing him, (which they have done before.) holding his hand, and what things would be like if they were in a relationship, but he's sure all people that kiss their friend thinks that. Right?

A few minutes had passed, and they were still minding their own business. Tj was laying on his side, his elbow propped up and his head in his hand; his eyes up on Cyrus as he admired him. "I can feel your eyes on me, Tj." Cyrus spoke. "No you can't," Tj whispered softly, his eyes still on Cyrus.

Cyrus turned around, locking eyes with Tj's. "Liar. You're giving me that look." Cyrus smiled.
"What look?" Tj asked, being genuine. "That look," Cyrus said, pointing at Tj's face. "Jokes on you, I can't see my own face." Tj chuckled.

Cyrus rolled his eyes at his friend, turning back around and continuing his homework.

'You look pretty.' Is something Tj has always wanted to tell Cyrus, but Cyrus doesn't like that kind of stuff. He doesn't like compliments. He doesn't like Tj that way. At least he convinced himself that he doesn't.

"Come lay with me," Tj spoke softly. "Lay with you?" Cyrus asked, keeping his eyes down on his paper. Tj nodded, although he knew Cyrus couldn't see him.

"As in cuddling?" Cyrus asked, finally turning around to look at him.

"Yes."

"I'm not cuddling you."

"Why not?" Tj pouted. "Because. One, I'm busy. And two, why would I lay with you?"

"Homework can wait," Tj said, standing up from the bed and going over to Cyrus, wrapping his arms around his waist from behind and lifting him up off the chair.

"Stop!" Cyrus laughed, grabbing Tj's arms and attempting to pull them away. That only made Tj laugh more.

"Just admit that you're weak!"

"I am not!" Cyrus smiled.

Tj turned around to face his bed and dropped Cyrus onto the bed, letting out a sigh as he dropped himself down next to Cyrus.

"You don't know how to play," Cyrus fake frowned, turning around and facing the opposite side. Tj looked over at Cyrus, smiling and saying, "I know how to play, you just don't know the rules."

"You don't know the rules." Cyrus mumbled.

"I think I know the rules to my own game."

"...Shut up." Cyrus whispered, not wanting to argue -or, continue doing whatever they were doing- with him anymore.

Tj ran his hand through his hair as he looked up at the ceiling, his thoughts wandering again. He was thinking about Cyrus' laugh. It's cute, but obviously he wasn't gonna tell him that. Yet another thing he has to keep to himself.

He wanted to hold Cyrus right now. Just wrap his arm around him and pull him close. You know, maybe gently run his free hand through Cyrus' hair and press a soft kiss to his neck.

Yeah, I don't think people think this about their friends.

"Can I hold you?" Tj whispered softly. Cyrus nodded at that. Tj was expecting a no, but a yes? That's new. Tj moved a bit closer to Cyrus and wrapped his arm around Cyrus' waist, pulling the boy close to where he was now spooning him.

Tj closed his eyes and buried his head in the crook of Cyrus' neck, holding him close; his grip was tight around him, it was nice.

Cyrus raised his hand up a bit and held onto Tj's arm that was wrapped around him, his thumb gently rubbing over Tj's wrist.

Tj's heart was going crazy. He was convinced Cyrus could feel his heartbeat. While Cyrus on the other hand was feeling okay. He was calm. He wouldn't say he's in love with Tj, but he does like when they cuddle. But of course, he doesn't show it. He doesn't like showing emotions. Especially towards Tj. Why? Who knows.

"This is nice," Cyrus whispered lowly.

"Thats a first." Tj mumbled.

"Don't make me regret this, Kippen."

"Regret what?"

"Cuddling you."

Tj smiled, pressing a soft kiss to Cyrus' neck and raising his free hand to run it through Cyrus' hair.

"You crossed the line, Tj,"

"By kissing you?" Tj asked, his words being muffled. Cyrus nodded, "Yes...but do it again."
Tj was surprised by that, but played it off with a soft chuckle. Tj pressed another soft kiss to Cyrus' neck, slowly twirling a lock of Cyrus' hair around his finger.

"I have yet to finish my homework." Cyrus spoke after a moment.

"You always have later."

Cyrus chuckled and shook his head. "But I did enjoy this. Thank you."

"You? Talking about your feelings? What happened to you?" Tj teased. Cyrus shoved him with his shoulder and sighed.

"Enjoy this, because this will be the only time I'll ever be talking about my feelings."