Chapter Two: Demons

*Trigger warning self harm*

Hermione could feel the fire whiskey tingling in her system as she downed another shot. She slowly made her way up the stairs of the burrow and stopped directly in front of Ron's bedroom door. He was sleeping while everyone else celebrated the Muggle holiday. She knocked softly then heard shuffling in the room before the door swung open revealing a sleepy Ron with his eyes barely open and his eyes almost shut completely.

"What's wrong?" He racked his fingers through his hair and looked into her eyes. She didn't say anything all she did was wrap her arms around his neck, their lips inches from each other. Before he could protest she looked at him pleadingly.

Their lips met with a crash and she pushed her way into his bedroom that he shared with Harry. He was with Ginny and wouldn't be back until the early morning hours. She slammed the door closed and waved her wand to lock it behind her. She pushed forward and almost fell feeling off balance from drinking all night.

"Hermione maybe let's just go to sleep" he kept his grip on her to keep her steady. But she shook her head and reconnect their lips and continued to kiss him.

"Please.." she had her eyes closed as she waited for him to kiss her back.

Hermione shot up from her bed her hair sticking to the back of her neck. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears as she tried to slow her breathing. She was drenched in sweat, she didn't want to relive the end of her close friendship with Ron. She gave him a special piece of her that she could never have back and he simply went on to pounce on Lavender Brown the following day without another word. They were an item now even if they never chose to admit it to anyone else, Hermione knew.

After washing her her body of the horrible nightmare that plagued her almost every night since then she pulled her robes in then began try to tame her hair with no luck. She tapped her wand on the bookshelf and made her way towards Draco's dorm. She was staring down at the floor to not see anything scarring as she helped his wand out for him to grab it from her. He snatched his wand back and accio robes left his lips as they rushed towards him. He pulled on trousers and glared down at Hermione.

"I didn't think you'd have the balls to actually leave me here freezing all night" he pulled on his shirt and then undid his feet before stretching seeing as he is was so stiff from being stuck all night. He went toward the small cabinet against the opposing wall of the bookcase and poured himself a shot of fire whiskey. "You have balls I'll say that." He downed the shot and refilled it again but instead of drinking it he offered it to Hermione.

She pondered on it for a minute before grabbing the glass from him and inhaling the cinnamon scent coming from the glass. She exhaled before drinking the shot and shaking her head. It burned as it went down her throat but it felt good.

"I wanted to sleep peacefully so I didn't come back. Did you think about what I said?" She placed the glass down on the table and looked back at him.

"I look really good and you Mudblood need to learn some manners on how you treat people because that was such torture" his sarcasm rang through her body sending chills down her spine.

"God Malfoy can you be serious for just one bloody minute!" Hermione could feel her blood getting hotter inside of her veins.

"Sheesh I was only kidding Ganger no need to blow your top off although I would love to see that" he smirked as he pulled on his black robe and slipped his wand into the side pocket.

"Malfoy please shut your trap I don't know if I can take much more. And if Snape wants you to be apart of helping us then it'll be your choice to help us not mine" Hermione left the way she came and went on with her courses for the day leaving Draco and his thoughts.