f o u r

"Prez, let's go on a date. I'm bored." Hanma complains as he tugs on your hair lightly. You heaved out an annoyed sigh before removing your gaze from the document you were reviewing and glanced at the dark-haired boy who had been pestering you non-stop since you went home from school an hour ago.

"I'm busy Hanma. Go play with my PlayStation or something" you suggested before resuming what you were doing earlier.

But instead of doing what you had suggested him to do, he pulls a chair nearby and took a seat next to you. He settles his arm on top of your study table and proceeds to rest his head on his limb. You tried to ignore how he was staring at you while you continued to work but minutes later, it became uncomfortable.

"I thought you were bored?" You asked, peering back at his yellow orbs.

"Watching you work looks interesting" he simply stated.

You scoffed at his remark, "Hanma Shuji, did your standard of 'interesting' change over the past months?" you asked, clearly recalling the fact that this guy beside you lived for the adrenaline rush that the world could offer.

He shifts to a different position, sitting up comfortably, now resting his chin under the back of his hand, "Nope, it hasn't changed a bit."

You clicked your tongue as you shifted your attention to the papers in front of you. Hanma, on the other hand, started to play with your hair—twisting and twirling it with his long and bony fingers. You wanted to ignore his actions but your attempts to do so only failed, finding yourself gradually losing focus.

"You're not going to stop pestering me, are you?" you chided.

"Nope~" he replied, smirking mischievously.

You stood up from your seat, "Okay, let's go shopping. We are almost out of cooking oil, eggs, and milk anyway."

"It's a date then!" he chimed.

"It's not a- You know what? I'm not even going to try to argue anymore" you retorted in defeat.

---------------------------------------------

"Pull down your hood a bit," you said as you tiptoed to reach to fix Hanma's hood. He only scoffed at how hard you were trying to hide him. It maybe already dark out but you just wanted to make sure he wouldn't get caught. You even snipped off the fingers of an old pair of winter gloves to conceal the tattoos that were inked on the back of his hands.

"Are you done?" he asked as soon as your settled both of your feet on the ground.

You eyed him from head to toe, "Should I go get you a mask?"

Hanma pinched both of your cheeks and stretched it out, "Hey, are you trying to make me look more suspicious?" he questioned "Plus, who cares if I get caught? It'll make things easier for you when I'm gone."

You hissed in pain as you removed his hands from your cheeks, "No, I promised that you can stay for a week. I want to hold my end of the deal." You paused as you looked him straight in his eyes, "So you're staying. Do your part and don't get caught."

Silence washed over between the two of you for a few seconds before the dark-haired male erupted into a burst of laughter. You looked at him puzzled, wondering if you had said something funny.

"Aah~ I can't believe a person like you actually exists. I wish that I had met you sooner." He muttered the last part incoherently.

"What was that?"

A relaxed smile was plastered on his face, "Nothing. Let's go" he grabs you by the hand, dragging you behind him. You kept up with his pace until you were walking beside him. You glazed your eyes on your hand wrapped with his gloved hand, wondering why you didn't bother to withdraw it from his grasp.

"Ah, his hand is warm." You thought.

"Could you slow down your pace? Not everyone is blessed with long legs" you complained, he complied and began to match your stride.

"As you wish, Prez~"

---------------------------------------------

Since you only had to buy a few things and there weren't a lot of people in the grocery store, shopping only took about twenty minutes. After you both had exited the store, Hanma asked if he could go buy something. You hesitantly agreed and stayed outside the store for a while. Minutes passed and he walked out from the store with his hands buried in the pockets of his hoodie.

"Let's go for a quick detour," he suggested. You were about to protest against it but your dark-haired companion was already walking away. So you had no choice but to follow him from behind.

Eventually, you found yourself at a nearby parking area. The place was rather eerie considering that the vicinity was empty, the only light source was the flickering streetlamp and, nothing but the sound of crickets echoed in the area. Despite the creepy vibe it gave, the view of the clear night sky made everything seem less scary.

"Prez, over here" you shifted your attention to Hanma who was walking towards the corner of the parking area. He crouched down to take a seat on the cold cement ground and tapped the spot at the opposite side.

You walked towards him and sighed, "Hanma, I still have work to finish and it's already late. Let's go home."

Instead of receiving a response from the male in front of you, he removed a hand from his pocket and handed you a (f/drink), "Here, I remembered that you bought this from last time"

You took the bottle gingerly and smiled, "I'm surprised you still remembered something like this. Thanks but we do really need to go home-" you were cut off when Hanma decided to pull you by the wrist. Unable to maintain balance, you crashed towards him. 

"Oi! What the fuck do you think you're doing?" you irked.

He only laughed mischievously at your reaction, "Doesn't this remind you of when we first met?" he asked out-of-the-blue, "I didn't really think that you would trust me to catch you"

A small chuckle escaped from your lips remembering that incident, "I had no idea why I did that too but looking back at it, I'm really glad I didn't flake out. Hate to admit it to you, but that was one of the best days of my life" you grinned.

Hanma lifted a hand and perched it on top of your head, "Didn't I tell you that I'd make that day extra fun for you?"

"Thanks for that and for the other thing too" you spoke as you slowly positioned yourself to sit beside him.

He looks at you as he pulls out a box of cigarettes from his pocket, "Heh, that shithead asked for it." he lights one of the cigarettes and then huffs a puff of smoke, as the cloud of smoke disperses in the air.

"After that day, he and his cronies came to school with bruises, a black eye, and a busted lip. The moment they saw me, they went on their knees and apologized profusely then admitted to the whole student body that they lied about the whole thing. Just like that, those awful rumors about me suddenly cleared up." You narrated as you opened the bottle of your (f/drink) taking a few sips after you had finished talking.

"Is that why you let me stay at your house?"

"It's a half of the reason why."

"Heh~ Aren't you going to tell me about the other half?"

"Hm, the other half of the reason why huh? I'm still thinking about it myself.  I'll tell you why when I've finally find the answer to that." You admitted. 

"Okay then, I'll wait."