Resurgence

"YOU... will always be a loser..."

       Those were the last words Poseidon uttered before being cut down by his opponent, Kojiro Sasaki. The first slice cut off his right hand, the second, his left arm. Before he knew it, an X was dragged across his chest with sharp blades. Not much could be said after that.
      The crowds were cheering, jeering, and screaming in awe. The crowd could not believe their strongest, and most fearsome god had fallen; However, humanity was left shocked, their hope rekindled. Cut down by the likes of a puny human? Who always loses? How is this possible?
       Ringing. All Poseidon could hear was ringing before his body hit the ground. Still being able to see for about a minute, everything became blurry. The gazes of the crowd transfigured to a demon like state. He knew he had failed the Gods. The sky began to turn dark, and then he knew, it was time. He had to accept defeat, but it was not a familiar feeling. It was a crushing, disgusting, contemptible feeling. Poseidon thought death would suit the only loss he had ever suffered. For someone as mighty and proud as he was, something like this was a fitting end.

         I am Poseidon. I am a God. I am perfect.

          Poseidon's body glittered into nothingness, floating to the tops of the heavens. Even in death, his body was still beautiful. Only to be remembered as the God of the sea, and honestly, the biggest asshole to have ever existed. Probably for the best.

          Just then, Poseidon's eyes shot open. His body... Recovered? He grabbed his chest. No damage? Wait, arms? How could this be?
         A voice came within earshot.

"Interesting. A god? Now what do we have here?"