Chapter 97

Basil

Run through, and wasted, Zag finally allows himself to be chained to the earth. Isa fashions scrap metal into cuffs, and he's soon bound and gagged. I stand over him. Awaiting Hector.

The rest disperse. Thyme claps his children on the back, grinning at them and having them recount the battle. Sol and Ari tend to the wounded. Luna and her Hunters sweep the streets for any remaining monsters, while Raven and Penny put  out any stray fires. Helen, after some cajoling, does go to convince mortals what thought they saw clearly didn't happen. Luke and his spawn disappear back into the sea. No doubt I'll see them back in Winfell. Gale is already disappearing with his children, they lurk on the outskirts, then quickly melt away into the city. Detective Stamos is here too, for some reason. He's taking count of the little ones and making people admit their injuries need seeing to.

Dara and the others mingle, helping where they can, and checking on me. I'm furious. I don't know what Hector can say that will make this better but I'm waiting for it.

"Oh good you found him." Well that was not it.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I growl, rounding on Hector.

"As you'll recall I asked you a favor you denied it. And so my favor of keeping him in the Underworld was revoked," Hector says, calmly, adjusting his lapels as he goes to check on Zag, who is still impaled, thrashing on the ground. He snaps his fingers and Zag vanishes.

"That---does not—at all –compare to this," I growl, "My children could have been killed----innocent mortals—,"

"Were not harmed. It was my deal with him you see. He got to play with his cousins, and come up and explore, but he could not harm anyone. And he didn't, did he?" Hector asks.

"He—," I look around. Sure enough, there are no fatalities. Some broken limbs sure, but Ari and Sol are seeing to those. Not even any of the Hunters were hurt.

Hector smiles at me.

"You bastard," Brielle could have been killed. Could have been. And more than that he let me think she could have been.

"Until later, brother," he says, tipping his hat. Then he too vanishes.

I growl in frustration, I have half a mind to follow him an continue the argument.

"Leave it," My dad says, squeezing me around my shoulders, "He's right. Nobody died."

"This time," I sputter, "What if he—,"

"We'll deal with that when it comes. Your brother doesn't mean you ill," he says.

"Pretty fucking funny way of showing it," I say, gesturing around, "The city is—,"

"Ah, the kids can work on that. It's okay. This is, weirdly enough. A win, things are under control," he says.

"If you say so," I sigh.

"I do. Now come on. Let's go home."

The  End