Adrenaline in the spotlight pays off

Quick A/N: in this story, DJ Vinyl is still physically recovering from the explosion and is still in the hospital. He just woke up a few days ago and this does take place after the corruption incident.

DJ Lyte

"Good evening, Mr. Lyte!" A security greeted the DJ. "Thank you, Henson!" DJ Lyte smiled at him. Lyte walked through the back door of Vinyl city's most popular venue. Lyte looked around, scanning the black walls. He walked to his dressing room. The door groaned as it was opened and shut by the DJ. The dressing room looked like the typical ones featured in movies, but with a twist.

This room had burgundy carpet with light coral walls. One of the walls had Vinyl records all over it, lined in rows. In the middle of the wall farthest from from the door, there was a vanity with a mirror. The mirror had lights all around it. There was a wooden chair pulled up to the vanity with a burgundy cushion. On the right side of the room, there was a curtain, a body mirror, a hook hammered into the wall, and a bench attached to the wall. The curtain could be pulled to cover mirror and the bench, making it a small changing area. On the other side of the room, there was a side table with a vinyl record player on it.

Lyte walked over to the changing area, and opened the suitcase he had in his hand. He took out his clothes he usually wears to concerts and stared at them for a second. 'The same clothes I was wearing when I met the summoner... I wonder how they're doing.' He thought to himself.

————————

Lyte took a breath as he strapped his mixgear onto his wrist. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, glasses in his hand. He put his glasses on his face and pushed away the reoccurring memories. 'I wish you could see me preform, bro! One day, maybe one day...' He turned on his heel and walked out the door, which gave the same groan as before. 'I wish my friends could see it too...but more importantly my brother seeing my performance'

He walked for a while until he reach a door that said 'Stage Entrance #1' in big, bold lettering. He opened the door quietly and closed it. He felt the adrenaline rush into his body, spreading all over at the sound of the roaring crowd, dying to see him.

His mood instantly lifted when he was reminded of his beloved fans. The door behind him creaked open and shut as the announcer walked over to him. "You ready, Lyte?" They grinned. "As always!" He replied. "Alright then!" They took the microphone from its holder and flipped it on. "GOOD EVENING EVERYONE!" Their voice boomed through the stadium and they drew out the "everyone". "WHO'S PUMPED UP FOR THE SHOW TONIGHT!?" The crowd roared even louder in response.

The announcer quickly glanced at Lyte, who nodded his head before they spoke again. "WELL IN THAT CASE, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, I INTRODUCE TO YOU, DJ LYTE!" they drew out his name. The crowd cheered in response. 'Here goes nothing!' He grinned before he walked onto the stage, for the whole audience to see.

DJ Vinyl

'I wish I could see him... I can't over the crowd!' DJ Vinyl thought to himself. Here he was, sitting in a wheelchair at his brothers concert, unable to see his own brother over the audience. The music started up, the crowd got louder. Vinyl put his hands over his ears, the loudness not helping him. Finally, the crowd became quieter when Lyte started singing. DJ Vinyl slowly took his hands off of his ears and sighed a breath of relief.

'They were too loud...' he thought to himself. "DJ Vinyl!" A feminine voice said from behind him. He turned around as much as he could in his wheelchair at the sight of a young woman approaching him. "Aren't you DJ Clover?" He asked her. "Yeah! You're Lytes brother, correct?" She responded with a question. "Mhm." "I... I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery." She stated. DJ Vinyl decided not to question it. "Thank you." "Anytime!" DJ Vinyl smiled, but that smile disappeared when he realized that he still couldn't see his brother.

"...are you alright?" She asked. "Yeah, I just can't see my brother preform." He sighed. She was silent for a minute. "I have an idea. Hey, everyone?" DJ Clover got a few peoples attention. "I need your help with something."

DJ Lyte

"LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!" The DJ shouted. The beat dropped and everyone cheered. 'One of my favorite things in the world, hearing the crowd go wild!' Suddenly, something caught Lytes attention. He looked in the crowd, and he saw someone being lifted up. He began to direct his attention back to his turntable in hopes of not accidentally messing up before a voice snatched his attention. "BRO!" The voice shouted. Lytes eyes widened at the voice. His head snapped in the voices direction. There was his brother, DJ Vinyl being held up above the crowd in his wheelchair, a large smile on his face.

A few members of the crowd were holding his wheelchair up above them, one being DJ Clover. The whole world seemed to go in slow motion, the music stopped, and everything around DJ Lyte seemed to blur, except for his brother. "Lyte...!" A distant and foggy voice whispered. "Lyte...!!" It got louder. "LYTE!" the voice snapped him back to reality. His fans were now shouting; they were confused. A few unhappy fans starting booing him. "Sorry, everyone. LETS KEEP THIS PARTY GOING!" He apologized to his fans. He continued his new song.

—————————

"ANOTHER AMAZING PREFORMANCE! LETS GIVE IT UP ONE MORE TIME FOR DJ LYTE!" The audience, for the last time that night, went wild. "THANK YOU EVERYONE! HAVE AN EPIC NIGHT!" his voice could easily be hard throughout the whole venue. He walked off stage happily. Him and the security guard exchanged glances as he leaned up against the wall back stage. "You ready for the meet-and-greet, Lyte?" "As ready as I could ever be." He smiled at the announcer. "Also, are you okay? You stopped mid-performance" they whispered. "Yeah, sorry. I saw a familiar face in the crowd." He responded. "Ah!" They smiled. "Well, the fans who purchased VIP tickets will be here soon!" They stated. "Thanks!" "Anytime!" The announcer left the stage.

Eventually, the security guard opened the door, and the first group walked in. There was a family of 3; a mother, a father, and a boy, who couldn't be any older then 8. The boys eyes lit up at the sight of the DJ. He stood up straight and smiled at the family. The boy ran up to Lyte automatically. "Hihi! I'm a huge fan and-" the small boy kept rambiling. "Well, what's your name kiddo?" Lyte chuckled. "Liam!" "It's very nice to meet you, Liam." "Can I take a picture with you? Pleaseeeee?" "Sure" Lyte couldn't help but love this kid already. The boys mom took out the camera before saying "say cheese!" 'Flash!' The camera almost blinded the DJ.

"I'm sorry, but we need to move on to the next group." The security guard spoke. "Okay... bye bye Lyte!" "Thank you, he's been really wanting to come to one of your concerts." The mom lowered her voice when mentioning this to the DJ who nodded. The dad simply smiled as the family walked out. Lyte gave them a simple goodbye in the form of a wave. "Brother!" A voice shouted, excitement lacing its tone. Three figures emerged. "Vinyl!" Lyte ran over to his brother.  DJ Clover and DJ X walked in behind DJ Vinyl.

"That was amazing bro!" He smiled. "T-thanks..." Lyte got really quiet and lowered his head. "Lyte? Are you alright?" "Bro?" "Lyte?" His brother and fellow DJs questioned. "I...I'm just so happy that you are finally able to leave the hospital! Sorry I'm also really shocked..." Lyte lifted his head which revealed the multiple tears on his face. The security guard in the background near the door was beyond surprised to see the DJ cry. Vinyl smiled softly. "Here" DJ Clover pulled a pack of tissues out of her pocket and handed them to Lyte. "Thanks..." he wiped his eyes and laughed. "Desserts on me! Who's in?" Vinyl asked in attempt to lighten the mood. "I'll join you guys after I finish this meet-and-greet!"

"Alright then. See you then, bro! Again, your performance was amazing." Vinyl smiled at his brother. "He's anything but wrong. See you then, Lyte!" Clover wished her friend farewell. "Yep! Also, I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning, but I was supposed to watch your preformance with DJ Vinyl and Clover, but I got lost in the crowd and I couldn't find them. See ya!" X grinned maniacally. Lyte watched watched his brother and friends leave the room as he waved them goodbye. The next group of fans walked in after...

Word count: 1529