Y/n POV!! ↵

Miles and I sat on the hood of the car, watching the sunrise. "I missed you Miles." I looked over at him. "I missed you too." He didn't look at me, though I felt he knew I was looking at him. I scooted closer, leaning my head onto his shoulder. He sighed and snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I closed my eyes and cuddled closer to him. "We fit together so perfectly." I kissed his jaw. Miles looked down at me and pecked my lips. "I suppose we do, don't we." I grinned but soon it faded away. "What?" He questioned. I shrugged, "I'm sorry..." I pulled back and stood up, pulling his legs down so I could stand between them. "For what?" He seemed slightly anxious and he let out a nervous chuckle. "For leaving you, for acting out, for not telling you to your face that I love you..." Miles stared at me intently, seeming unfazed by the comment. I sighed and turned back to the sunset. The sky was all sorts of shades of purple and orange. "In the letter, you said I wouldn't understand..." "What?" I faced him once more. Miles pulled out the letter I had written him. "And it's stupid and you won't understand but maybe one day you will." He read. He folded the paper and put it back into his pocket. "I-" he shook his head. "I do know what love is!" He exclaimed, standing up. I sat back down with my mouth shut. "I do know what it is! I love Flora and I loved my parents! I love- I love reading and I love the horses! I love spiders and- I love-" he stopped himself. "That's not the love I'm talking about Miles." Miles shook his head, "They're the same.." I stood up as well. "No they aren't." Miles made eye contact with me. "I love you Miles." He blushed madly, I'd never seen a reaction like this. "What?" I shook my head, cupping his cheeks. "I love you, Miles Fairchild." "Why?" He asked, taking my hands off of my face and holding them in his. "I just do... You made me fall in love with you." Miles shook his head. "I didn't." I laughed a little. "See? You don't understand yet..." His face dropped. "It's okay, hopefully I'll be able to teach you." His hands gripped mine a little harder. "Why can't you teach me?" I stood on my tippy toes to kiss his forehead. "I'll try babes. I can't force you to fall in love with me. I just have to try my best and hope you'll fall in love with me." He shook his head. "I'll try..." my grin widened. "Really?" He seemed very confused, "I just said I would so, yes?" I leaned in and kissed his warm lips. "God I love you so much." Miles cringed a little bit. "Don't cringe!" I walked around the car and climbed into the passenger seat. Miles clambered into the drivers seat and looked over at me. "How did you acquire this car Miles?" He started the car. "I had it." I nodded before stopping him from going anywhere. I leaned over and placed a firm kiss onto his lips. He grinned and I leaned back into my chair, allowing him to drive again. (TEOTFW vibes) "Where should we go?" He asked as he pulled around. "Home, I should see Flora." I stretched, tired from spending all night with Miles. He muttered something to himself quietly. "What?" He shook his head. "It's just- this didn't go like I thought it was going to." He answered blandly. "What do you mean?" "I just- I didn't think I'd run into you... I was going to just drive off the quarry." He said this like it was nothing. "You were going to kill yourself... Because of me?" I felt tears prick my eyes at the thought of loosing Miles forever. He didn't answer this time. "Miles, promise me that you'll never kill yourself." He just stared ahead. "Miles?" He hummed back. "Can you promise that for me?" He shook his head. "What do you mean no?" I felt slightly panicked by his response. "I can't. If you die before me then, I have no reason." I shook my head, staring at him intently. "Y-you have Flora!" Miles glances over at me and placed one hand on my knee. "I don't think she'd care too much..." I felt my heart brake. "She would care, Miles!" I clutched his hand in mine. "She couldn't handle me leaving so she'd loose her shit if you left her!" His face dropped a little and we pulled into the driveway. Miles stopped the car and leaned his head on the steering wheel. "Okay, I promise." He brought my hand up to his lips, kissing the sensitive skin lightly. I nodded and wiped the tears that had formed away. We got out and as I slammed my door, the front door swung open. The crowd ran outside, Flora in front. She ran to Miles and wrapped her arms around him tightly. "Miles! I thought you were leaving me!" Miles looked over at me, I let go of his hand and placed it on her back. Miles crouched down and whispered to Flora. She nodded and backed up, coming over to me. "I missed you!" She said as I hugged her. "I missed you too." I held her tightly. Next, Kate made sure Miles was okay. He angrily pushed her off. She just shook it off and came over to me. "You came back..." I nodded and embraced her tightly, apologizing. Miles brothers punched his shoulder and ruffled his hair but you could tell they were worried about him deep down. They eventually came to me and I accepted their hugs. When everyone was done, Miles led me upstairs to his room, despite me remembering the house perfectly. In his room, the photos were all on his bed and on his floor. He didn't care though, he just collected them all slowly and put them back into the box. He laid down and I climbed into the spot next to him quickly. I was facing the wall but Miles wrapped himself around me from behind. Just as I was falling asleep Miles whispered into my ear, "Y/n, I think I-"