Chapter 28.

[Ava]

"I'm never calling you again," I sniffled, my voice cracking in the passenger seat.

Harry gripped the steering wheel hard as we continued down the dark, winding road. "What would've happened to you if you didn't?"

"I-I don't know!"A sob escaped from me. "All I know is I didn't want to be there. I-I felt really unsafe at that party."

Harry sighed. "You did the right thing."

I scowled at him. "It doesn't feel like the right thing. You punished me! It's still stinging!"

He huffed, pulling onto my street and slowing down. "Consequences, Ava. Did you forget they exist?, or do you still think they don't apply to you?" He cut the engine in front of my house.

"I already faced my consequence when I realized I didn't belong there! I was terrified, Harry! Guys were talking dirty to me and one—as you know was Billy—had me cornered in the bathroom!" I threw off my seatbelt. "What did you even do to him?"

His gaze grew intense. "I told you I just talked to him and he freaked out because no one had ever confronted him before about anything. It was new territory for him."

*F l a s h b a c k*

Billy had just walked into the bathroom to write his 'autograph' for Harry. However, Harry could care less about an autograph from some cocky, rich kid. He had lured Billy into the small space and locked the door behind him.

"I don't see the paper, dude?" Billy quizzed, turning around to look at Harry. He felt a sense of dread when he noticed Harry had locked the exit. "There's some in my room." Billy added, going to walk past him, but Harry hooked his fingers onto Billy's elbow and tugged him backwards a bit from the door. Billy's chubby face grew pale.

"D-dude, what're doing?" Billy stuttered.

Harry stepped between the teenaged boy and the exit, unhooking his digits from Billy's elbow. "Let's get some things straight, Mr. Brilliant Billy," he hissed, "You shouldn't be hurting girls."

"I-I don't do that!" Billy shrieked, his back flat against the wall. "I-I swear I don't, dude."

Harry narrowed his darkened green eyes into almost slits. "I'm not your dude."

Tears started streaming down Billy's now flushed red face. "Hey, I-I-I''m sorry."

"You tried to force my little sister to kiss you. That's a huge no no-no," Harry snarled, "How would you like it if I forced you into doing something?"

Billy's blue eyes went large. "I-I wouldn't like it!" He cried, trying to push past Harry, however Harry wouldn't allow it. He pushed Billy flat against the wall. "I-I am sorry!"

"Don't apologize to me." Harry gritted his teeth, leaning closer toward the frightened boy. "You're going to apologize to Ava."

"Y-yes, I-I will!" Billy replied, his meaty hands fiercely wiping away his own tears.

"And if you ever, try to harm another girl, I will find you and make you do anything I want, the same way you make girls feel frightened," Harry growled.

"I-I will treat g-girls better!" Billy blubbered.

Harry backed up to give the Billy some space. He ripped a brown paper towel from the wall dispenser and handed it to him.

"P-please, don't hurt me, mister!" Billy covered his face, thinking he was going to get hit.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Here, take this and clean yourself up," Harry replied.

Billy shakily took the brown paper towel from Harry and wiped away his tears.

*E n d o f F l a s h b a c k*

"Could've fooled me," I sneered, getting out of the Rover. Harry grabbed for my arm, but I was quicker than him this time. I started angry walking with my fists drawn to my backyard.

"Ava Marie, what are you doing?!" Harry hissed, catching up to me in the dark. He snatched my wrist, yanking me backwards. I fell against his chest. My back to his chest.

"I'm going home," I growled, facing him.

"The front door is that way," Harry huffed, pointing to the well-lit porch of my house. "Don't tell me you're sneaking back inside your window because that's not happening."

"Yes. It is,0 I asserted, heated. I was furious with him after my punishment in the side of the road.

"You are acting very bad, Ava," Harry scolded, his hand still firmly holding to my wrist. "Do you want another spanking?"

My veins turned to ice from sudden fear. "N-no!" I cried, trying my hardest to pull away from him and failing miserably. I looked up at him with my eyes glittery wet. "Y-you're doing it again, Harry!"

His brows furrowed. "Doing what?"

A small sob escaped my lips. "Scaring me!"

"What am I supposed to do?" Harry replied, softer this time. "I can't let you sneak around like this in the night. It's not safe and you have to tell your Mum."

"Do you not understand? My Mom is nuts! You should know this. Who knows what kind of reaction she'll have!" I said, my voice shrill and unstable.

"But...she's your Mum," Harry hesitated.

Suddenly, the sound of a window opening squeaked from above us and I froze in terror. My Mom stuck her head out of it. "Ava Marie Gomez! What are you doing OUTSIDE?!" She shouted. "At 3 IN the morning! Who is that man?! Are you a whøre now?!"

Harry gazed up at the window. "It's Harry, Madame. Ava had a nightmare and called me to talk to her. She was afraid to wake you."

I let out a shaky breath, unable to believe that he was making up a story to protect me.

"A nightmare?" my Mom repeated, disgusted. She pushed down the window, lights out.

"I-I can't go back in there," I cried, shaking in front of him. "I h-have a bad f-feeling, Harry. W-what am I g-going to do?"

"Let's go to the porch and talk to her," he suggested, leading me to the front yard.

The door was locked, so Harry knocked. Mom opened it immediately. Her blonde hair rolled up in pink curlers. "I need my beauty sleep, Ava. Hurry up. Get in your room," Mom grumbled, tapping her foot on the carpet.

"I-I had a really bad nightmare, Mom. I-I need someone to talk to," I added to Harry's lie.

"I'll talk to you after the sun rises," Mom snipped. "I'm going back to sleep."

"I-I need to talk n-now!" I cried.

"Then talk to Harry!" Mom shrieked, "I don't care. Go home with him." She shut the door.

I looked up at Harry as sadly as possible, my bottom lip quavering. "P-please? I would rather be with you than her."

Harry sighed. "Okay, but just for tonight."

I followed him back to the Rover and climbed into the passenger seat once more.

****
To be continued...
Aw, poor Ava:(
Please vote/comment:D
Love, Lily xx