Mirror

Tom's POV

Last night after Ashlyn told us about the tattoo she wanted we all went our separate ways. Ashlyn went to bed, Harry left the house and I went to my room as well.

It's morning again and Harry, Ashlyn and I are eating breakfast. I poured us all some cereal since I let Adeline have the day off. We ate in silence until Ashlyn got up, putting her bowl in the sink. She ate most of it surprisingly.

Ashlyn gave us a small wave before leaving, heading back up to her room. After me and Harry ate I went up to check up on Ashlyn.

She changed into different clothes then before and was now sitting on the floor, painting her toe nails. I left her alone not wanting to bother her so I went into my office and tried to get some work done.

Six hours later...

It's around four now and I've been in my office for a while, I checked the time before deciding that I should probably eat something.

I made my way to Ashlyn's room, I figured I'll bring her with me so I can make us both food. I knocked on her door before opening it slowly, peering through the small opening.

"Ashlyn?" I opened the door wider and walked in. She was sat crisscross on her chair staring out the window.

"Baby?" She looked over to me and gave me a small wave, "Your hungry?"

She nodded and got up slowly, making her way towards me.

I stood waiting by the door silently until she reached her hand out and grabbed my wrist, "A-Are you ready?" I stuttered out in shock. She nodded again and we walked down to the kitchen.

I led Ashlyn to one of the bar stools and made sure she sat down comfortably before making us some sandwiches. We ate in silence as usual but I was use to it by now.

Ashlyn ate half of her sandwich before pushing the plate away, "All done?"

She nodded and stood up, "I'm gonna be in the office for a while I'll tell Sam to bring you up some food."

She nodded once more and made her way upstairs.

I kept my promise and made sure Sam took her some dinner he said she was reading when he took it to her.

I look up at the clock, it was around nine now and I finished most of my paperwork. I rubbed my head all ready stressed enough as it is. I lean back in my chair pushing back the stack of papers lined up for me to sign when I got a message from Harry sending me another video.

I look at the link hesitant to open it, but if I wanna help Ash I gotta know what happened to her. I clicked on the file and pressed play.

The video starts and I see Ashlyn curled up in a ball, her knees to her chest sitting in the corner on the same old mattress from the other videos. Charlie walks in and closes the door behind him. He looks at Ashlyn but she doesn't look up or even give him a thought.

Charlie huffs and walks over to the bed grabbing her chin, forcing her to look up at him.

"You gonna talk now?"

Silence. The bed squeaked as Ashlyn sat there quietly. Charlie squeezed her jaw tighter.

"Fine you whore I'll make you talk." He lets go of her chin and slaps her cheek. Ashlyn's hand go flying to her red cheek as she winced in pain. Charlie laughed as he undid his belt, making Ashlyn's eyes go wide.

He leans down ripping Ashlyn's pants down to her ankles. She begins continuously kicking at him making it easier for him to get them off her feet.

"Stop playing hard to get baby." Ashlyn shut her eyes and looked away.

"Look at me." Charlie said trying to be forceful he straddled Ashlyn's thighs and tightly grip her hands above her head tying them together with his belt.

He slapped her again, "Don't make me glue your eyes open you slut." She still didn't open her eyes.

Charlie pinched her waist making her jump and arch her back. He quickly moved so he was between her legs.

Charlie pushed into Ashlyn making her scream, "You like that huh?" she continued trying to move away. As tears spilled from her eyes.

She tried to wiggle away from him but was unsuccessful.

He kept on pounding and pounding into her until I couldn't watch anymore. I skipped to the end of the video and this sick fucker wrote.

I saved my favourite for last

Then the camera cut off.

I clicked off the file and stood up walking away from my desk, I felt sick. I couldn't imagine how Ashlyn must have felt.

I need to talk to her, I'm not alright just from seeing that.

I rushed out of my office and ran up to Ashlyn's room. I knocked before opening the door, but Ashlyn wasn't there. The bathroom door was lightly open so I went to check if Ashlyn was in there.

I pushed the door open a bit more and saw Ashlyn holding her arms over her breasts only in underwear. She was turned around in the mirror looking at her back and bum. God the marks and bruises looked never ending.

She turned around completely in the mirror and started crying, I felt my heart break again.

"Baby?" Her head instantly snapped towards me covering her breasts as much as she could.

"Ashlyn I-" She walked towards me and before I could say anything else she slammed the door closed.

The next morning...

I came to check if James was alright but I didn't expect to see Ashlyn in the room as well.

"So did your birthday pass yet ashie?"
She nodded.

"Did you have a pawty?" She shook her head no, "Why not" James asked innocently.

Ashlyn shrugged. She knew why but she obviously wasn't going to tell a child that.

He giggled, "Your silly ashie."

She gave him a fake smile clearly trying not to cry, James hugged her out of no where.

"I know dey hurt you I'm sowwy."

Ashlyn started crying.

"It's okay buddy." My eyes widened when I heard her voice.

Ashlyn's voice was hoarse, "I would go through it all over again if it was for you okay?"

I cant believe she's talking for the first time and it wasn't with me.

James nods, "I'll be here for you buddy I love you." Ashlyn pecked James forehead and stood up, walking out of the room.

She saw me as she got to the door and tensed up. She continued walking out the room and closed the door.

We stood in silence for a few minutes, "I heard you." Ashlyn put her head down, "You know he loves you right?"

She nodded and looked up, "Love him too." She coughed, "I love all of you."

Then she walked away.

(Edited-)
Word count: 1183