Chapter seventeen

I waited inside the bar for Kristen. I then got a text from her saying she arrived. I said bye to Taylor and walked outside. I licked my lips getting a cigarette from my purse, I put it in my mouth and lit it. I started walking till I saw Sebastian. Leaning on his car with his back to the side of the car, his arms crossed. I felt like I was in Sixteen candles, he was my Jake Ryan. The irony was, unlike her I don't want him here.

"Why do we keep meeting like this?" Now I have to suffer through this again. I blew smoke in his direction, "maybe if we stayed away from each other, this wouldn't happen." Sebastian stared at me, "somehow even when we try to stay apart, we're right back in front of each other."

I laughed lightly while blowing the smoke away from him. "Bad luck maybe? I have no clue, but it has to stop." I stood in front of him, the wind blowing right at me. "Go home, Sebastian." He walked closer to me, getting off the car. He moved his hand to mine and took my cigarette. He threw it on the floor and crushed it. I just stared, too tired to argue.

Sebastian handed me his jacket. "Get in the car Y/n." I put his jacket on, immediately feeling warm. "I'll get in if you stop caring about me." He opened the car door for me, "that's never going to happen." I thought about my conversation with Taylor. I got into the car with him. Sitting in pure silence.

After a while, the car came to a stop. We weren't at my house or his, we were at a park. Both of us got out of the car and started walking. No one was there. "Did you know that the biggest piano was made by a fifteen-year-old?" Sebastian laughed, "no, no I didn't." Don't judge me, I'm trying to make conversation. The silence was killing me. "Did you know you're really bad at coming up with a conversation topic?"

I rolled my eyes, "did you know that you're a bad driver?" He put his hand on his chest as we sat on the swings. "Damn straight for the heart." We sat on the swings for a while just talking. Forgetting about what happened this past week. "Let's play hide and seek." Sebastian turned to me, "alright."

I started running to the playground, "count to twenty!" Sebastian covered his eyes with his hands and began counting. Okay, I did not think this through, where should I hide? I spotted a rock-climbing wall and hid behind it. "Twenty" he shouted. He started walking around the playground.

I pulled my knees closer to my chest, trying my hardest to stay hidden. Sebastian stepped on the playground and got off with he noticed I wasn't there.

I accidentally let out a laugh when he tripped. He turned and saw me laughing. "It wasn't that funny." I tried to hide my smile, "it was from where I was standing." I walked back to the swings.

I began counting to twenty. I moved my hands and peeked through and saw Sebastian going up the slide. When I finished, I walked around the playground. "Where are you?" I made it to the slide and peeked my head in. "Are you here?" He wasn't, it was empty.

I turned around and Sebastian scared me. "Oh my God, are you trying to kill me?" He started laughing, "now that's funny." My gaze fell upon the playground spinning wheel. I haven't been on one of those for years. I pointed at it, "we need to go on that."

Sebastian and I made it to the spinning wheel. I stepped onto it. He held the bar, "hold on tight, I'm going to push it." Sitting down in the middle I slowly felt the pace pick up. I smiled as I started spinning faster. My eyes fell upon only one thing, Sebastian. He stopped spinning me, "what's wrong?" I looked away, "sorry I got distracted."

I knew he caught me staring. He started spinning the wheel as fast as he could. While it was still spinning, he sat down in front of me. We sat there, staring into one another's eyes. As the wheel slowed down, I moved closer to Sebastian, and he did the same. Till we kissed. The kiss didn't last long because he pulled away.